Running Away

Paul's P.O.V.

What did I just do? I just ruined my best relationship. It's just that I love Linda so much that I wanted her to be with me forever. And I couldn't realise that she wanted to be independent. And, oh, she reminded me all those stories...

When I was with Dot, I felt like it was a game. A game with Dot's love for me. And sex came completely natural. Then I went in Hamburg. And we went to this strip club, and I realised how boring Dot was(even though now she's married alright and has two kids). I cheated on her. And when Dot visited, I planned to end it, but all out of sudden, she was pregnant! I found myself in an extremely difficult situation. I didn't want to leave Dot a single mother, but I also didn't love her! And I forced myself to get engaged to her. And... well, Dot miscarried. I was so happy I didn't understand that, by breaking up with her I would leave her with two heartbreaks! One for her dead child, and one for me breaking up with her. I was pretty unconscious by that time, especially because Dot hadn't underlined my failings. She was too weak for that.

Jane was firmer than Dot. But she was also love-blind, so I felt I could use her. And in came the cheating. You understand... When Jane found out, she was pretty mad, but I never thought that she would do what she did. When she appeared on the BBC, I was at Mike's. He told me those unforgettable words:

-You know, you might have been hurt because no girl ever officially broke up with you on television before telling you, but it had to happen. It had to happen for you to learn. And what you have to learn is that, girls are not machines. If you hurt them, they can hurt you back. Hurt you in a mature way, like Jane just did.

In normal circumstances, I wouldn't have listened to Mike. But he was also mature, something I wasn't. And had to become.

Now there's Linda. Who proved me I learned nothing from Jane. What I told her was unforgivable. I...I tried to stop her life just because I "loved her". Jane had told me that before, but I didn't take notice of her. With Linda it is different. She was the love of my life... I don't know what to do.

I didn't understand when I ran to the road. Just like a crazy man. I also didn't understand when that car got nearer... and nearer... 

I heard my voice screaming... A sound of wheels....

And then it all went black.