AFTERWORD

I can't believe it's done.

It took me 15 months and 152,000 words, but I finally did it. I got an idea that was planted in my head back in 2004 or 2005 OUT and written and WOW did that take a lot longer than I thought it would.

In some regards, I was kind of disappointed with how it turned out. In my original vision (not the original original, but like what I was envisioning back when I started this project in June 2018), I had thought to make each planet as long as Taris and Dantooine, but it just wasn't happening. I found myself cutting stuff because I was just stretching. I think ultimately I said what I wanted to say.

In other regards, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Seth Kast is far, far more of a developed character than anything I would have come up with back then, and I think I managed to come up with some decently cool stuff for this story. I had a lot of fun with the characters and the scenarios, even though it became more and more obvious to me that writing in the Star Wars universe largely isn't my thing. I don't know what it is, something just felt a little off.

That's not to say that I'll never do it again. In fact, I came up with two more story ideas while writing this. I feel decently confident about them, and I also feel decently confident that we won't see the next one until like 2024 because I have A LOT of other projects that REALLY need to get written before I revisit KOTOR. Just...SO MANY PROJECTS.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for reading!

-Obsidian