29. LIGHTS UP

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
[LIGHTS UP]

The professor dismissed the class and an immediate sense of relief washed over Molly as he spoke

The professor dismissed the class and an immediate sense of relief washed over Molly as he spoke. She quickly gathered her stuff and shoved it in her bag, walking towards the exit with all the other students as she returned a text from Kai.

"Ms. Denver." The professor spoke. She lifted her head slowly from her phone as she wrapped up her text before lifting her eyebrows towards him. "Do you have a second to discuss some things?" He asks, she glances at the clock before turning back to her professor and nodding, walking over to him as the rest of the student leaves the class. "I'm worried about your recent test grades."

A sentence that she hasn't heard sense freshman year of high school. Molly swallowed and narrowed her eyebrows at him. "What do you mean?" She says. He exhales before turning around and gathering a couple papers from his desk and handing them to her. She flips through them. B, C+, C-, marked at the top of the pages. She checks the name at the top of the test hoping to find someone else's, like this was just some big mistake. But they were hers. "I don't understand..." She says quietly.

"I have a list of students who are in need of community service hours that will be able to tutor you—"

"I don't need a tutor." Molly snaps, she realizes how rude she sounded and she took a deep breath. "I don't need a tutor." She says, in a calmer tone.

The professor thinks for a bit. "Are you doing okay?" He asks. "You're one of the top students not only in this class, but in Whitmore."

She clenches her jaw. "I'm fine."

The professor nods. "Very well." He sighs. "I hope to see your scores increase with finals coming up."

She wanted to choke at the word. Finals? Already?

"Thanks." Molly nods, forcing a faint smile as she hands the tests back, leaving without another word.

Kai's kisses trailed down Molly's neck as his hands exploded her body, the two were sprawled out on a couch in Kai's apartment that'd he's been renting out.

Molly sat up slightly as he kissed her and took off her shirt so his kisses could be brought down lower, he looks up at her and a chuckle escaped his lips. Kai came to a stop when Molly's phone, that was sat on the coffee table beside them, began to rang.

He looked up at her with raised eyebrows and she shook her head at him. "It's fine." She breathed out, and Kai didn't hesitate to continue as the phone ringing came to a stop.

He sat up quickly from being straddled over her to take off his shirt, throwing it on the ground beside them. His mouth crashed back into hers, eager and lustful, his bare skin warm against hers. He deepened the kiss, and she wrapped her legs around his back, hooking him closer. Kai pulled away for a breath and Molly sighs in protest— that was soon choked off into a gasp as he grabbed both of her wrists forcefully in one hand, holding them above her head as he surveyed her body.

But looked up as her phone began to ring again.

He frustratedly glanced down at Molly before turning back to the phone and grabbing it off the table, and clicking accept.

"Don't—." Molly says sternly, grabbing it from him before he could speak, and putting it to her ear. Kai scoffs and rolls his eyes, bringing his body above hers again as she still lay on the couch, talking into the phone. "Hello?" She sighs.

"Where the hell are you?" Tyler says, angrily.

Kai began to kiss her body again, glancing up at her every time to see if he was getting to her yet.

Molly wanted to scream in frustration as she glared down at Kai. "For the hundredth time, I'm with Bonnie." She clenches her jaw.

He brought his hands down to her bare thighs, and she hissed as his cold rings burned against her skin. Kai laughed into the sloppy kisses he left under her ear.

"Really?" Tyler spoke. "Because I just called her and she said she hasn't heard from you in days."

Molly clenched her jaw as an attempt to keep any sounds from escaping her lips, she widened her eyes at Kai mouthing the words 'stop it.' He just smiled proudly as he brought the kisses down from her neck to in between her breasts, tugging lightly at the black bra straps on her shoulders. Molly's head rolled back off her shoulders and she almost dropped the phone.

"Tell me where you are." Tyler commands.

"I'm out with friends." Molly lies again, not caring about how many times she's used this excuse, before hanging up the phone and setting it back on the table. She then turns to Kai. "You're the worst." She raises her eyebrows.

"Am I?" He cocks his head to the side and smirks. Molly pushes him off of her and he scoffs as his back hits the back of the couch. Molly brings herself up over him and straddles his lap. Kai sighs as he admires his body, and she lazily rests her arms on her shoulders.

"And to think—" Molly fake frowns. "That if you weren't such an asshole in the prison world we could've just stayed there and done this all the time." She says, her words getting quieter as her sentence ended. Kai was too flustered to respond.

He lifted his chin up slightly to get closer to her lips and Molly leaned down slowly, inches away from his lips— before the phone rang again.

Kai didn't hesitate before looking past her and towards the phone, reaching for it again. "I'm gonna fucking kill him." He says frustratedly.

Molly grabs his arm and stops him from reaching for the phone, she quickly hits decline before turning back to Kai. "Then do it." Molly says quietly, before leaning in and connecting their lips again.

Kai kisses back for a second before pulling away. "What?" He says narrowing his eyebrows at her.

"I'm kidding." She says, after realizing how easy that request would really be for Kai. Molly leaned in again but stopped halfway.

Kai let out a quiet sigh. "You should go, shouldn't you?" He says disappointedly.

Molly nods slightly. "He's so psycho he'll probably have Bonnie do a locator spell or some shit if I don't come home." She says, climbing off his lap.

Kai leans forward on his elbows and rubs his eyes. "You're killing me, Molly." He chuckles.

Molly puts her top back on and smiles faintly. "It'll get better once I move out." She says, nodding slightly.

Kai watches as she puts her clothes back on. "Why don't you just move in here?"

Molly glances up at him, and as badly as she wanted to— "I can't."

"Whyy?" Kai says, straining out the word.

Molly stands up and puts her shoes back on and frowns at him. "Because I'm eventually going to have friends over at some point or something, and if they see I'm here with—"

"Yeah, yeah." He sighs.

Molly felt bad. "We'll get there." Molly swallows. "It won't be like this forever, I promise." And she held out her pinky for him, just like he did when he promised he'd win the merge.

Kai smiles faintly up at her before intertwining his pinky with hers.