Kim Mingyu

Warm summer afternoons..

Cozy sunlight luxuriating the surroundings within itself..

The limitless azure sheath up above, gradiented by golden hues..

Small white clouds lying here and there in the sky, giving it a charming appearance.

Enormous trees laden with ripened fruits..

The sunrays creating a shining view..

It was just another Summer Afternoon..

Which was Mingyu's favourite.

A large library-café, by the west side market alley of the town, large enough to be the abode to thousands of books, comforting and roomy enough to welcome and allay avid lovers of books,  studious students who found the place suitable enough to get started with their work and bibliophile seniors in their mid 60s who enjoyed the vintage ambience of the café.

It's beige walls were decorated with mahogany coloured tree shaped stickers and small handcrafted wall hangings made out of beads and pieces of decorative mirrors sown in silken threads.

The library-café was illuminated by natural light by the daytime and by vignetty yellow lights once afternoon arrived, giving it a very nostalgic display.

It's entrance had a cute bell with a small star shaped charm attached to it and every time someone set a foot inside the café, it chimed beautifully, indicating the workers of someone's arrival.

It was a 3 storey infrastructure, with the main café area being at the ground floor, and the above two floors serving as the library.

The café area was a very nice place to relax and pacify the mind. It had nice chairs and circular tables made out of rosewood, polished finely by a chestnut varnish. Over the table top lied a holder with tissue papers in it, a few coasters and a menu bearing a list of all the beverages and snacks available there.

What set the place apart from other libraries and cafés was it's vivid collection of rare books from each and every genre,some from unpopular and new authors even, providing a diversity in the assemblage of books.

Another thing which created a difference was the mouth watering desserts of the library-café. The incoming customers were usually greeted by the sweet smell of cocoa beans, vanilla and cinnamon;  drifting through the slight breeze approaching from the windows.

It garnered an enviable cumulation of books, as well as the sweet and savoury treats; ranging from saccharine cookies to spicy crackers to delectable pastries and cakes which just melt inside the mouth, beverages including refreshing varieties of teas and lukewarm coffees with a plethora of spices and toppings to choose from.

All in all, the spot was heaven for bibliophiles and folks with a sweet tooth, alike.

A stairway from the ground floor led to the library located on the floors above it, beneath was situated the small café kitchen, where all the flavoursome magic happened.

The fairy dust of flour, sugar spices and coffee powder; with the magic wand being the spatula, the glorious magician was the tall, buff boy with honey caramel skin, a sharp jawline, chapped  plump lips with a little pink tint that curved up to form a mesmerizing smile, revealing his pearly white and slightly asymmetrical incisors and pointy canines, a slightly broad nose, his freshly dyed auburn fringes covering half of his eyes, the brown orbs concentrated in quantifying and mixing all the ingredients the right way to create delightful delicacies, never losing focus from the entire process of magic he was creating,  every inch of his skin radiating love and passion for what he loves to do and wishes to continue for his entire lifetime, resulting in the culinary finesse served in vibrantly coloured plates and glasses; the boy was none other than - KIM MINGYU.