Chapter Five | A Walk In The Park

Aurora's POV:

All four of us left the house and walked towards Stuyvesant Park together. It wasn't too far from where Dr. Kreizler lives, so there wasn't any point to take a carriage to our destination. The storm had blew a few small twigs and leaves into the streets and sidewalks.

A lovely cool breeze still blew, but the golden sunlight was breaking through the dark gray clouds. It seemed to give everything a heavenly glow. Once we reached the park Stevie and Cyrus went off on their own, but I stayed by the doctor's side. I've never been to this park so I didn't know it quite as well as they did. I didn't want to get lost and make a complete fool out of myself.

Birds were chirping happily, which put me in an even better mood. We walked for a few minutes in comfortable silence before I broke it. "Your walking stick is beautiful, doctor. Is that a starling carved in the handle?" I said. He stopped walking and so did I before he lifted his walking stick so I could see it better. "Yes. It is. You really have an eye for spotting details." He said with a soft smile.

"Thanks, I... I guess." I replied with a shy little laugh, which made his smile grow slightly. We continued walking and a comfortable silence settled down upon us as we did so. The green grass was sparkling with raindrops, which looked like diamonds in the brilliant sunlight. If everything wasn't wet I would have loved to have sat down on one of the benches and soaked in my surroundings properly.

The two of us stopped by a beautiful patch of flowers. Dr. Kreizler bent over slightly and closed his eyes as he breathed in their heavenly scent. After he opened his eyes and stood up straight, a butterfly caught his attention. He watched the orange and black winged creature until it was impossible to see.

Seeing the doctor like this made my heart happy. I can't really explain why though. Once again, he caught me staring and I felt myself blush. 'You really need to stop staring at him. He's a human being, not some specimen in a glass jar.' I said inside of my head. But the soft smile on his face, and the warm look in his captivating eyes told me he didn't mind my staring.

'His eyes are so beautiful.' I thought as we looked at each other for what felt like forever. The sound of Cyrus's voice interrupted our little staring competition, and I felt myself blush again. I felt absolutely foolish and silly for my embarrassment, but I couldn't help it. For some reason it felt as if Dr. Kreizler and I were having some kind of private conversation without really thinking or saying anything.

"We should be getting back, sir. It looks as if it's going to start storming gain." Cyrus said, gesturing towards a wall of dark clouds that were moving in. "Right you are Cyrus." Dr. Kreizler said before we started heading back to the house. Half way there it started to thunder and the cool breeze got stronger. As soon as we were safely inside, rain started pouring from the sky once more.

Stevie had studying to do. The doctor insists on the young boy to have proper schooling to which Stevie complains about constantly. But I found it very considerate on the doctor's part. Cyrus went to his room as well, and I figured I'd be spending my time alone in the kitchen. I was getting ready to sit down at the small table when Dr. Kreizler spoke up. "Come with me, there's something I'd like to show you." He said, catching me off guard for a second.

With furrowed brows I followed him to a small, yet still decently sized bedroom. Book sat on the dresser and bedside table. The bed was made as well. It looked as if the room hadn't been occupied for some time due to the thick layer of dust that was covering everything. I couldn't help but notice that the place has a feminine touch as well, and figured this was where a former employee must have stayed.

Possibly a housekeeper at the time. "No one has stayed in here for some time, but I think it would come in handy for you. That way you can sleep here instead of going back home at late hours of the night. Only if you want to... of course." He said, studying me with his brown eyes. The thought of staying late like I did when I cooked for his friends gave me a little anxiety.