Chapter Thirteen | The Investigation

Aurora's POV:

I woke up and found Laszlo sitting up in bed with his back facing me. I didn't want him to get out of bed just yet, so I rose up and inched closer to him. "Good morning." I said softly after I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "Good morning sweetheart." He whispered softly.

He placed one of his hands on my arm and gently rubbed my wrist with his thumb. "Laszlo, can I ask you a question?" I asked him curiously after a moment of comfortable silence. "Sure. You can ask me anything you want." He replied and I could hear the smile in his voice. "Is this real? What's happening between us... is it real?" I asked, feeling nervous as hell.

I was so worried that all of this was just platonic affection on his end, and I was the only one falling in love. He slowly and gently removed my arms from around him before he turned so we were facing each other. "It's real for me, but... is it real for you?" He said in a soft tone with a mixture of emotions churning in his beautiful eyes.

"Could you love half a man?" He whispered softly. I knew he was referring to his withered arm, and it hurt. Especially since I've never thought of him as half a man. "You're no less of a man due to your injury, Laszlo. Personally... I think you're twice the man because of it." I said softly. His eyes filled with love and warmth after hearing what I said.

"What's happening between us is real for me too." I whispered. He slowly closed the distance between us and our noses touched. My heart skipped a beat and butterflies fluttered inside of my stomach. I could feel his warm breath against my skin, which made me want him to kiss me even more than I already did.

He gently captured my lips with his and my insides melted instantly. I gently kissed him back, hoping I was doing it right; I've never kissed anyone before. His lips felt so soft and warm against mine, making me melt into the kiss. I gently placed one of my hands on the side of his face and played with his soft beard.

We slowly broke the kiss and I felt myself blush when we made eye contact. His big brow orbs had a look in them that made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. The only way I can describe them as are adoring puppy eyes. I'm sure I was probably looking at him the same way. "I love you, Laszlo." I whispered. One of his cute smiles spread across his handsome face before he spoke up. "I love you too, Aurora." He said softly as he gently caressed my cheek.

I don't think I've ever been this happy in my entire life. I could hardly believe that someone as handsome and as sweet as him actually loves me back. The two of us cuddled for a few more minutes before we got ready for the day. I almost forgot that today I was officially being brought in on the case Sara and the others were working on.

Deep down I wasn't sure if I was cut out for this investigation stuff, but I knew it would be very interesting and fun. I also knew that if I ever wanted to back out it was perfectly fine. Honestly, I don't think Laszlo would complain about be not wanting to be involved at all. But I couldn't deny my interest in the matter.

After I got dressed I made some coffee and breakfast for us all. The whole time I don't think I was able to prevent the smile that was on my face. And I couldn't help but blush as I buttoned Laszlo's boots. It was like something changed in me knowing that he loves me the same way I love him.

But I had to press my pleasant thoughts to the back of my mind for the time being. I don't think either one of us were really ready to tell the others about our blossoming relationship. At least not yet anyway. After I made breakfast and buttoned Laszlo's boots, we all got into the calash and headed to 808 Broadway. I wasn't as nervous I thought I would be, but maybe that's because I knew I was going to be amongst friends.

When we arrived at our destination we entered the building and got into the elevator. Marcus had been waiting on us since the elevator operates on a pulley system. "Good morning Dr. Kreizler, Cyrus, Stevie, and Miss Perish." Marcus said with a kind smile. "Please, call me Aurora." I said with a smile. I knew their formalities was just a expression of respect and kindness, but I've always felt strange when people call me Miss Perish.