Chapter 12

School passed uneventfully. I had a hard time taking notes because my right hand was chained to Levi's hand. Also every time I reached for something, I would drag his hand with me. I reached for my backpack, which was sitting at my feet. Levi's hand came too, and on the way back up, he trailed his fingers up the inseam of my pants, gently pressing into my thighs. I glared at him and continued my work. After what seemed like a small eternity, school was finally over. We returned to our dorms, sitting in the lounge area. Levi swung his legs over the armrest at the end of the couch, laying down with the top of his head nearly touching my thigh. Jean and another student, Marco walked into the room, sitting on the couch opposite us. Jean folded his arms and jutted his chin out, trying to be a tough guy.

"Look, I know what's going on with you two," Jean spoke quietly, eyeing the doorways to make sure nobody was listening.

I decided to play dumb. "What do you mean?" I batted my eyelashes.

"Cut the bullshit, Jaeger. I know you two are fucking." I flinched at his blunt words. Levi sat up abruptly, shooting daggers at Jean. "And if you're gonna ask how I know, the shower walls are thin. And don't think I didn't see Jaeger's limp." I turned bright pink.

"What does this matter to you?" Levi asked, sitting like a mafia Don. Like he could snap his fingers and capos would come out of thin air and execute both of them.

"I just wanted to tell you two to keep it under wraps. We don't need anybody finding out about you two, because then they'll dig deeper and find out about us." Jean took Marco's hand. I had been wondering why Marco was here too. I nodded.

"Fair enough," I said. "Yeah, we can-"

"Shut up Jaeger. Never just agree to something. You always get something in return, for collateral. I'll cover his mouth or something, but it'll cost ya, Kirschtein."

"It wasn't just Jaeger making interesting noises." Jean snickered, and Levi rolled his eyes. "And how much do I owe you?"

"Depends," Levi murmured. "How important is the freckled brat to you?"

"Very." Jean looked to Marco with warm, loving eyes, an expression on his face that I had never seen before. "I love hi-"

"Cut the lovey dovey shit. We're negotiating. I don't need to read The fucking Notebook. Keep Sean off our back and we have a deal," Levi compromised. "If you and him bug Jaeger again, all bets are off. I'll have him screaming next time I hit it in the showers."

"Fine by me. Good talk," Jean said, squeezing Marco's hand. A bright pink blush bloomed on his cheeks, highlighting his cute freckles. Levi's hand rested on my thigh, and a blush matching Marco's heated up my cheeks and ears. Jean and Levi shared a knowing glance and snickered together at their respective partners.

"Nice job, Horseface," Levi nodded, a quiet congratulation to Jean. "How long has that been going on?"

"How long has what been going on?" Annie asked from the doorway of the sitting area, folding her arms. Shit. Levi and Jean's hands instantly flew away from me and Marco.

"We were talking about a project that I'm working on for geography." Jean said off the top of his head. His quick thinking saved the day.

"Oh, okay. But Levi and Eren are on distance from everybody, so how do you suggest I punish you four for interacting with them?"

"You could put us on silent reflection for an hour," Marco suggested. Levi nodded. It seemed fair, so I nodded as well.

"Okay, seems fair enough. Silence it is. One hour starts now."