Awake

The sun began rising, forming light between the horizon. The sky appearing before the town, showing the bright color of orange shining through the clouds.

It had been months since the incident. And almost everything seems calm. Alice had already gotten used to her new life, a new life with Kirito, who stayed emotionless and devoid of anything all throughout.

Nothing but the sound of birds chirping and the wind hustling on the grass, nothing but the occasional noises of nature were heard. When this time, Alice heard something else, something far more familiar to her.

"Wake up sleepyhead." A tired voice of a boy echoed throughout the whole room. His voice sounded tired, but also like a phantom, like his voice didn't seem to fit in the environment.

Alice sat up immediately, her eyes darting around every corner of the room. But nothing was there, nothing but the bright light shining through the open window.

"It was nothing after all..." Alice's voice started to sound low, slowly succumbing to sleep once again. But soon she realized, she didn't feel the heat, the warmth that emitted from Kirito. She looked around, and he wasn't there. She looked around, nothing was there, nothing but the sad intricate design of the room. She felt like tearing up again, is he awake? Nothing but this moment has she been waiting for, her heart bouncing up and down in joy.

Soon after that, she heard a faint noise coming from outside. It sounded like.... Kirito!! Alice got up immediately and ran outside, hoping it was all she had been waiting for. As soon as her feet touched the hard soil, her eyes began looking around endlessly, all the while running around the plains. There were times when she almost fell, but that didn't stop her from seeing him. After looking everywhere he was nowhere to be found, not a single trace of him was left. But as soon as she began to doubt, she saw a figure underneath a tree, the tree that they always go to. The tree that they used to go to, atleast that's what Kirito said to her. She slowly walked over, her body soon under the shadow of the tree. Alice started to get nervous, was he really awake....?

But all those doubts in her head were quickly washed away when Alice saw the boy, fully awake and alive. He was there, sitting underneath the tree, a smile forming on his face as he looked over towards the horizon. Tears flowed down on Alice's cheek as she slowly walked towards him, her face filled with shock and happiness.

Not long after Kirito heard footsteps slowly coming, who was it? He looked over, and to his surprise it was Alice, who looked ragged.

"Woah, what happened to you?" Kirito curiously asked, looking at Alice from head to toe. He particularly noticed her right eye, seemingly healed for an unknown amount of time.

"You...." Alice whispered. Kirito barely heard it, he walked over to her, thinking she wanted to say something.

"You...." Alice blurted out again, her hands shaking furiously. Her tone started to sound angry.

"W-What's wrong?" Kirito asked again, but somehow he already guessed it was something bad. He could feel it down to his bones.

"You.... IDIOT!!!" Alice shouted from the top of her lungs, tackling Kirito down to the ground and immediately started hitting hit repeatedly.

"You piece of shit! Did you know much of a bother you were, you had me sick in worry! I thought you weren't going to wake up ever!" Alice said all the while hitting him repeatedly, tears started flowing down on her cheeks.

Kirito managed to counter one of her attacks, pulling her closer to his chest, giving her a nice warm hug thinking it could be some comfort for her.

"There, there..." Kirito repeatedly patted Alice on the head, who was slowly calming down from her emotional breakdown.

Alice couldn't do anything but cry in his chest, releasing all the built up stress and tension she had to endure for so long. She kept nuzzling herself into his shirt, trying to dry her tears from her face.

"I'm sorry I slept so long, you must have been so lonely..." Kirito said in a comforting tone, his hand brushing across Alice's hair, trying to calm her down.

His words made Alice cry even harder, she waited all these months for him and he finally woke up, he could finally accompany her through these lonely nights. Finally he could be together with her.

At this point, Alice couldn't take it any longer. She cried out harder than ever, before slowly drifting off to sleep in the process.

Kirito kept brushing her hair as she slowly cried to sleep, her cheeks filled with dry tears as he swiped it all away.

"I'm sorry, Alice." He said soothingly, the words made her senses go crazy. She waited for Kirito to return, and in that moment when he finally did, she couldn't help but cry away all the sorrows she carried in relief. Her loud sobbing didn't stop one bit, Kirito held her gently in doing so. He stroked her head to comfort her, a warm feeling she wanted to feel in a long time.

"After this, let's go out somewhere." He said as she cried, a small comforting smile plastered on his face as he hugged her as long as she wanted it to last. They were like that for quite awhile, Alice didn't cease her tears letting it flow endlessly on Kirito's back who didn't mind it that much.

It was bright that day, the world seemed full of colours for her suddenly. She got everything she needed, and she was grateful. In that exact moment, her whole life seemed to be leading at this point in time. Time with Kirito, her first love.