002. october spice

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ episode two ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

(october spice)

The mornings were cold, Hayden was wrapped up in a jacket and scarf, the only thing keeping him warm was the warm beverage in his grasp.
He was waiting outside the school across the road.

What he was waiting for had just arrived, snuggled up in a grey jacket and yellow hat, her brown hair cascading in strands from beneath.

Hayden approached her breaking her concentration from her thoughts.

"Hey" he said in a low tone.

She stopped in her tracks looked up and a smile crawled up her face.

"You remember me right?" He asked.

"Yeh, hey, how did you know what school I went to?"

"Lucky guess" he smiled.

"I brought you this" He handed her the warm drink which she brought to her nose to smell.

"Ahh how did you know I liked pumpkin spice" she giggled astonished at his gesture.

"Who doesn't like pumpkin spice this time of year" He chuckled "plus it's a good hangover cure and I'm guessing you need one after the weekend.

She smiled brightly.

"Yeh, thanks" a blush emerging in her cheeks.

Jayden approached them. Wrapping her arms around Annie.

"Annie, are we gonna wait for Asher? Out here? In the cold?" Jayden questioned In her over dramatic tone.

"Asher?" Hayden questioned.

"He's Annie boyf—" Jayden continued. Taking a sip of the pumpkin spice latte, Hayden had just handed Annie.

Then a tall boy with dark hair arrived grabbing Annie and twisting her around. She giggled clinging on to him. That's Asher.

Asher stopped and looked at Hayden.

"Oh Asher this is Hayden, I met him at a party on Friday" Annie introduced him. But Hayden wasn't planning on sticking around as her left rather abruptly, he headed down the lane to school.

Johnny was late to school yet again. His hair slightly scruffy, could be bed head, or maybe from hooking up with that girl coming from the janitors office.

Johnny noticed his best friend arrive and wrapped an arm round him.

"Aw hay hay, why such a sorrow face" he asked intrigued.

"I wear sorrow faces on sorrow days" Hayden replied leaving him, walking faster to get to class.

Johnny too went to class, just not the right one, this was purposely. He went and perched himself next to Mackenzie.

"Johnny what are you doing here, your not in this class" She blankly stated.

"Just felt like a bit of American history" he replied with his signature smirk. "Nah the real problem is Hayden's sad, so I'm gonna throw a party, and invite that girl he met"

"I'll design the invites" Kenzie added.

"Perfect the party's at mine, be there at 7 tonight" Johnny yelled to Kenzie as he got up and left her American history class.

Johnny's next stop was to see the new and improved Connor.
He hopped into his bio-lab class.

Ever since Friday night Johnny and Hayden have become close with Connor and spent the rest of there weekend playing football in the park.

"Yo, connor, got two things you need to add to your calendar" Johnny said sitting next to him.

"What might that be" the blonde asked, taking off his blue gloves and safety goggles to look at Johnny.

"Is that a frog you are dissecting" Johnny got distracted by the mini frog cut open on the desk.

"Yes" connor chuckled.

"Football tryouts Thursday after school, and party at mine tonight" Johnny informed him.

Johnny picked up a blue glove putting it on and poking the frog.

"That's so weird" he said before leaving.

——

The night rolled in, Johnny's garden porch lit up with fairy lights in a circle, duvets, blackest and every kind of pillow set out in the floor, in the middle was a small garden fire and tuns of alcohol. He had only invited five people. The smallest party he had ever hosted.

But it wasn't for him, it was for Hayden. To cheer him up. Knowing that he didn't like party's only invited a small amount, to the point you couldn't call it a party at all, maybe a small gathering.

Connor and Hayden arrived first, pouring themselves a drink and getting wrapped up in the heap of blankets on the floor, Johnny started playing the music but not too loud as they were outside and he didn't want to disturb the neighbours too much.

Hayden was downing drinks like they were water and soon didn't talk much sense.

Then Annie and Jayden arrived.
Two girls Johnny hoped would cheer up Hayden.
Annie was dressed in a small red dress, skin tight and short.
Jayden dressed in a yellow dress with a grey jacket slung over her shoulders.

Annie snuggled up next to Hayden much to his resent. She too started drinking and Jayden joined.

Kenzie then arrived, dressed in a black dress, Johnny was fascinated by her, the way her hair flowed down her shoulders, the way she walked, everything was perfect to him.

Kenzie came, bearing 3 giant packets of Doritos, who doesn't love Doritos.

[841 words]