Chapter Three ●

{No POV}

Chloe sighed as she got off the phone and went behind the receptionist desk and pulled out a first aid kit and a key.

She pocketed the key into the pocket of her yellow hoodie and and then opened the first aid kit and sat in front of him.

"Look up at the ceiling and don't move."

Nathaniel did as tool with a blush on his face and felt her dab a cut he hadn't noticed on his face with disinfectant which stung a bit but he refused to move.

Then she dabbed something on the cut with a gentle and delicate finger before placing a bandaid on his face.

Then she pulled away.

"They didn't hit you anywhere else did they?"

Nathaniel blushed and looked away.

"On my gut..." He muttered.

"Take of your sweater and let me see it." She instructed.

He blushed harder but did as told knowing better than to turn away Chloe's rare but genuine care.

When it was off he looked down at Chloe and noted that she briefly blushed for a moment when she examined his upper body for any other damage around the area he had mentioned but more then that she noticed she wasn't wearing make up and her eyes were softer as she pulled out an ice compress from the kit and placed it against his abdomen where a large and ugly looking bruise was forming.

"That should help the pain that will come later. Grab your ugly sweater and come with me loser."

"W-where are we going?" He asked hesitantly.

She deadpanned at him.

"To a room for you to spend the night in, where else?"

"Why not just send me home?"

"Because of the facts that it's late as hell, there's school tomorrow, and you are hurt enough that your slouching from the pain and barely managing to walking without wincing in pain." Chloe said calmly.

As they went up in the elevator, he couldn't help but study Chloe.

She was more beautiful than she normally was.

Her hair was left down and the lack of make up helped to make her natural beauty shine. Her outfit was simple, she wore a yellow hoodie with something white under it. She matched that all with black sweats that brought out her curves gently. Then she noticed her footwear. She was wearing red house slippers that were now dirty and muddy, her feet now dirty as well on the parts the slippers didn't cover.

"I'm sorry you ended up getting your shoes dirty in order to help me out with those muscleheads." He apologized awkwardly.

Chloe looked away a blush dusting her cheeks.

"Don't apologize. I ran out without thinking about what I was wearing on my feet. Besides, I can always just buy some new ones and clean my feet again once I get back to my room for the night." Said Chloe as she led the way out of the elevator.

She stopped in front of a door and pulled out the key she had pocketed.

"I already arranged with my father and mother for you to use this room. This floor is my family's apartment here at the hotel... My parent's aren't here so I'm currently using their room. You can use my usual room here at the apartment for the night, I'll be back with some clothes for you to change into so you can sleep comfortably and look presentable at school tomorrow once I clean my feet up. Here you go, just let Jean-Paul know if you need anything else." Chloe said handing him the key and leaving to the room at the end of the hall.