After 13 years

After 13years

"Katara..Katara...,"a sweet but high sound of a woman demanded,

"Where are you?"

You stood up, wiped your tears,forced a smile and started walk towards that sweet sound.

"Where were you"smile on your ant's face disappeared,"At lake,Busy crying? Huh.." you nodded with pursed lips and sat down on the nearby couch, she came to you,sat down on the couch and said "it's okay go on,do not fight back your tears,just let them out"

As she completed her sentence,tears ran down your cheeks,your aunt wiped them from your cheeks and you laid your head on your aunt Sana's lap. She said,caring your hairs
"I know you miss her and,I..I miss her too, but do you think she will be happy? to see you like this."
You let out a deep sigh.

"Where you have the reason to be sad, you also have the reason for being happy today,didn't you?" She said as she looked very serious and worried.

You got up and said "What do you think? What should I do? should I be happy or sad?" You looked at her waiting for her reply,before she says something,"stupid question...right?obviously you would like to see me happy" as she nodded.

"Be grateful for what you have and don't be sad for what you don't. We are not living for or in our past instead we are living in present for our future,didn't we?"

"Hm..you are right we are living for our future." You replied.

"I think you would want to have something special today for your birthday" she said as you tilt your head and said "No! I guess it's okay, I don't want anything "

"Come on!" She said looking at you.

"So, as I am eighteen today,you will tell me that why I am special, why he was after us? Why he killed her? What nation am I from?"you said inqusitively,holding your tears back.

"From Thatis,of course!"

As your aunt stood up from the couch and you could see the little beads of sweat forming on her forehead.

"You okay aunt?" "Yes"

she nodded,rubbing her nape,pursing her lips and went towards the kitchen saying,
"Katara,Go take a shower,fresh up and then come down stairs for lunch."

"But..okay" you nodded and climbed upstairs in your room with red eyes due to weeping.

You took a shower,you freshen up yourself and then came downstairs for lunch.

It was not that you forgot what had
happened today, that how the Queen died, but were happy to have a lovely,caring,kind aunt who has raised you,who has taught you, what is right what is wrong,who has loved you as much as she could.

"Katara...hey,why are you standing there, come sit, lunch is ready,what are you thinking" She said, breaking your reverie.

"Oh..Yeah!..nothing,just being grateful to have you in my life"you shook your head.