Chapter 3- Observations.

Chapter 3- Observations:

When I was younger and I first met Gerard I was so intrigued by him and everything he did. He wasn't 'similar' or like anyone else, he was himself and he proved that. It's sad how things turned out for us; I never wanted it to end like this. -

I woke up that morning, the day before my birthday, feeling sick, out of breath, and just dead to the world. I felt horrible and all I wanted to do was sleep for the rest of my life. But of course I had school, a perfect attendance record to maintain. Not like I cared.

I went downstairs, not even bothered to put pants on. My mom was leaned over the stove like usual, dad in his chair at the table. They both glanced up at me, probably wondering what was up with my lack of clothing this morning.

"Frankie?" My mom asked, a worried tone present in her voice.

"Mom." I whined.

"What's wrong, son?" Dad broke my mom and I's one-worded conversation.

"I feel terrible." My voice scratched a bit.

"Okay, well go get dressed and I'll make a doctors appointment while you're at school. Think you'll make it through the day?" My mom rose an eyebrow, sliding some French Toast onto my plate.

Honestly, I didn't think I would last another 10 minutes, let alone the whole day. I just felt dizzy and dehydrated, my throat was sore and my insides felt funny in the worst way possible. But still, I got dressed and ready for school.

I didn't have the heart to tell mom that I couldn't eat the breakfast she had made because my stomach was such a mess. So, like any good child, I ate the the food anyway.

I groaned as I saw the bus roll up at the end of the driveway, I wasn't ready for human interaction.

I walked outside and got on bus #24. My normal seat, seat #15, was taken by Jamia and one of her friends. I groaned again, looking around the bus for an open seat. Seat #16, Gerard's seat.

I grinned and slid into his seat and pushed myself as close to the window as I could get. Of course Gerard wasn't on yet, but he would be soon. I finally saw an open opportunity to converse with him.

I couldn't keep the wild grin off my face as I watched outside. It was lightly raining again, just like normal. Nothing changes in this washed up town; it's so predictable and no one gives a fuck.

I somehow managed to stop smiling when the bus rolled up in front of Gerard's house. I saw him and his brother, who I learned was Michael, standing on the porch. Michael ran through the rain in hopes to not get wet, but Gerard walked slowly.

I studied his walk. Right foot first, then the left foot, he walked in a straight line and watched his footing very carefully. It was interesting, no one else cared so much about walking like he did.

They both stepped onto the bus and that's when Gerard finally lifted his head up. He caught my gaze with a confused expression; his brows furrowed. He walked to me in more of a sloppier manner than he ever did before and sat next to me. He let out a breath of air and looked over at me.

"uhh, I don't mean to be rude..." He trailed off. I had noticed he only speaks with one side of his mouth and that sparked the curiosity in me further.

"Oh, Jamia, she's in my seat." I said shyly. I was never particularly shy, and I didn't know why I was now. I guess I could blame it all on my sickness.

"Oh...You're Frank, right?" He asked.

I was just about to confirm that I was indeed Frank, but Michael leaned over the seat.

"Hey Gerard, who're you talking you?" He asked. Michael was younger than us, I didn't know how old he was or how old Gerard was, but Michael was definitely younger than me, at least.

"Uhh, my name is Frank." My voice sounded scratchy because I was so dehydrated.

"Oh I'm Michael, but Gerard here calls me Mikey." The perk younger kid said with a smile.

Gerard glanced from me to his brother, "What do you want?" He asked with a straight face. There was an attitude difference between Mikey and Gerard. Mikey was all happy and smiles, and then there was Gerard, straight faced and emotionless at times.

"Nothing, I just wanted to know who that was." Mikey pointed a scrawny index finger at me.

"It's impolite to point.." Gerard said with yet, another emotionless expression.

I shrugged, it wasn't a big deal and Mikey was young and still learning what is and what isn't polite.

Mikey sat back in his seat, leaving Gerard and I to talk until we got to the school. I had one thing I desperately wanted to ask Gerard, and this was my chance.

"How'd you know I was vegetarian?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I may not talk much, but I observe." And that made sense, Gerard never really did talk much. I was tempted to ask why, but I felt like I would be digging into his personal life.

I nodded my head instead, I proceeded to watch out the window. I could still feel Gerard watching me and I wasn't sure if this was a part of his observations or not.

"Something's wrong." Gerard said softly. I turned to look at him, confused.

"What?"

"You, something's wrong, isn't there?" He rose an eyebrow at me.

"Just a little sick." I mumbled and looked back outside.

After that, we separated our ways. We walked through school without another word said, but I could still feel him looking at me.

"Hey Frankie." Jamia blushed as she greeted me in the hallway. Gerard was across the hall at his locker watching us.

"Hey Jamia," I smiled back at her.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me sometime." She mumbled as she blushed an even darker shade of red. I get it, she was popular and pretty hot, but she just didn't appeal to me like she should.

But I couldn't just break her heart by saying no, "uh yeah, sure." I agreed.

I heard the noise of metal being forcefully slammed together, and I jumped by surprise. I looked over and Gerard was gone, he had done what he needed to do, slammed his locker, and walked off. I was surprised that he would slam his locker, he didn't seem like one to particularly want to draw attention towards himself.

But I guess life is full of surprises, isn't it?