5- Who's Brayden

Victoria walked into her apartment, closed the door, and stood against it with her eyes closed. Happy to be home, yet wishing she hadn't left Dalton the way she did. Brayden heard Victoria come in and walked around the corner, saw her standing against the door, and noticed how she looked. Thinking she was attacked, he felt anger rush though him, and ran over to her. "Victoria, are you alright?"

Her eyes opened, frowned at him, and pushed him away. "Get away from me, of course I'm alright?"

He stepped back, and stood still staring at her, looking at how her shirt was buttoned in the wrong holes, and pointed at her. "Your shirt, looks like a three-year-old buttoned it. What have you been doing?"

She looked down, saw what he was talking about, and crossed her arms, covering herself. Feeling embarrassed, she starting walking toward her room. "Who's the one cheating?" he yelled.

She stopped, turned around, and walked back over to him, getting in his face "I'm not fucking cheating, I never have, and never will, unlike you... besides, we're not together anymore, so I'm definitely not cheating. You also have no right asking what I've been doing."

"Who is he?"

"There is nobody." she says, walking away.

"I can smell his fucking cologne!" he yelled, clenching his fists. He then unclenched his fists when she turned around, and yelled back.

"Good! Because when I walked in here that night, all I could smell was sex. Don't think for one minute that I didn't know what you were doing... you may have been in clothes, but that still doesn't mean anything, and because of that, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. It still doesn't mean I believe you; it just means I can't do anything about it, because I didn't physically catch you in the act."

She stormed into her room, slammed the door, and dropped down on her bed. She stared at the ceiling wondering what kind of mess she had gotten herself into, and began tracing her lips when the thought of Dalton's lips was against hers, and how good it felt. It made her smile, and had her thinking now more than ever, that she needed to tell Brayden to find another place to live.

Being she was going to be working all weekend at the clinic, remodeling, and organizing, she figured now would be a good time to tell him to move out, and how he would have all weekend to remove his belongings. She changed into her nightgown, and headed into the living room to have a talk with him.

She grabbed a glass of water, and sat at the dining room table for a few minutes, thinking of how to tell him she wanted him to leave. Once she felt ready to look, and talk with him, she called out his name. "Brayden, can we talk?" she asked, looking his way.

"What is there to talk about?" he growled.

"Please? It's important... and I think it'll solve everything."

He turned the TV off, walked over to the table, and sat down. Placing his hands behind his head, and leaned back in his chair, staring at her. "Well? What is so important, that you feel the need to talk to me after midnight, especially since you didn't want to talk to me earlier."

"This weekend I have to work at the clinic-."

"I thought you weren't open on the weekends..." he says, questioning her, not believing her one bit.

"No, we're not open on the weekends... but that will all be changing after this weekend. And would you please quit talking, and looking at me like you don't believe a word I'm saying? It's annoying... I'm not in the wrong here, you are..."

"Anyway... as you were saying." he snarled, sounding bitter, while giving her a dirty look.

She took a drink of her water, set the glass down, and sighed hard here it goes, she thought to herself. "I'd like for you to move out this weekend. I thought it would work with you staying here so you could get back on your feet, and some money saved for you to get your own place, but it isn't working out. And with me being away from here all weekend, I feel it'll be easier for you to move out all of your belongings."