Chapter: one

I untangle my recently bunned hair as I step out of the shower. I wipe steam off the mirror and look at myself. I want to look presentable. I'm one of the first Americans to working at S.I.C. Or more formally addresses as Smiths.Inc.Corporations. One of the largest corporations in the heart of London. I got the job as a landslide. The whole corporation is built off of old rich men,but who am I to complain. An investors company. All straight business,nothing illegal or the least bit sketchy. 

I slip on my high heels and smooth out my skirt. My long ombre hair flowing down my shoulders which are covered in a simple white button up shirt. I want to look presentable before I show up in sweatpants and house slippers. 

I started working as soon as I got here so I didn't really have time to house hunt. So the coperation was nice enough to start me off with an apartment not to far from the building. I head down to the garage purse and keys in hand. I start up my engine and pull out of the parking garage.

I sit back in my car staring at the building. Ive seen before when I first interviewed with the company but it was still an amazing view to take in.  I get out of my car and slowly walk up to the building. Mr.Smith wanted to talk to me before I went to my desk so I head to his office.

Walking over to the receptionist desk I feel like I'm tripping over my own two feet. "Just nerves. " I whisper to myself.  "Hello, Welcome to S.I.C. what's your business?" The perky blonde Smiles up at me.  " Uh, I'm Blaine Fetcher the new investor." She gives me a off smile. "Is there something wrong?" I ask feeling self conscious. She shakes her head. "You don't seem like the investor type. " I guess she was right. I was 20 with a young vibrant look. She probably thought I was just an eager kid with high hopes and didn't know what the hell I was doing.  "But, You can go on up to Mr.Smith's office. Go up to floor 12 and it's the double doors. " I nod and head over to the elevator. The doors open and I step in hitting the 12th floor. The doors are about to close when a large hand stops it.  I look at the stranger stepping in and hitting the 6th floor.  He turns around and locks eye contact with me. He's insanely hot.Tall frame. Muscular. Strong jaw line. Long brown hair that stops right at his shoulders. And these sea green eyes that look like they're starting straight threw you.  "Hi." I say in the smallest voice that has ever came out of me.  He stares at me for a few more seconds. "Good day." He says in a low raspy voice and turning around putting his headphones in.  I furrow my eyebrows. He's not a people person. 

I stare at his back for the rest of the ride. When the elevator reaches the 6th floor he takes his headphones out, but doesn't say anything. He gets out of the elevator and turns around staring at me.  His legs are spread a little and his hands are in his pockets. "Harry. " He says as the elevator doors close.  "Blaine." I say to myself.  He strikes me a little odd.

I tap my foot waiting for Six more floors to pass by.  The elevator finally dings and I step out.  The first thing I see is the dark cherry wood doors.  I take a deep breathe before stepping into his office. "Who is it? " He says not even bothering to look up from his work. "Blaine Fetcher" I say confidently. "Ms.Fetcher!" He looks up with a wide smile plastered on his old face. Mr.Smith was a nice man. Not a fake nice but a genuine nice. Like he actually wanted you to be there, in all honesty when I talked to him I felt in my element. I smile and tuck my hair behind my ear. He stands and lifts a large stack of papers and files. He gives me a cheeky grin, "For you."  I give him an off smile and take the papers. "I don't know whether to say thank you or what in the world kinda present. " I say giving him a small laugh. "Its your clients." I stare at him shocked. "Its only My first day! Shouldnt you be showing me the ropes?" He chuckles. "Why do you think I'm in the middle? I'll show you everything in your catergory on our way down to your floor."  He says walking ahead of me . "What floor is that?" I ask rearranging the files in my hand. "Floor six."