First Year - Chapter 1

It was dark at this hour... well, not really. The Street Lamps that dotted the street were bright and illuminated the area of Privet Drive.

A man walks in the darkness. He is a tall, thin man, with a silver beard long enough to tuck into his belt. He wears a purple cloak and is roughly one hundred and fifty years old. His name is Albus Dumbledore.

Dumbledore removes a small silver object from his cloak and extends his hand. Somehow, the silver object sucks up the light from the nearest street lamp with a click. He continues to take out the lights until all was dark... well, except for some of the house lights...

He then turns to a cat sitting on the wall of Number Four. He smiles knowingly. Something was up with that cat...

"I should have known you'd be here... Professor McGonagall," Dumbledore said calmly.

The cat leaps forward and transforms itself into a woman wearing an emerald green cloak.

"Are the rumors true, Albus?" McGonagall asked. Dumbledore's smile faded at the thought.

"I'm afraid so," he began. "The good... and the bad..."

"And the children?"

"Hagrid is bringing them."

"You think it is... wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?"

"I would trust Hagrid with my life, Professor."

Just then, a low rumble disturbs the casual silence of Privet Drive(aside from Dumbledore and McGonagall of course). The two look up and, suddenly, a huge motorcycle plummets through the clouds and hits the ground with a thunderous roar.

As the smoke from the landing clears, a figure climbs off. His name is Hagrid and he is, what seems to be, a half-giant. In his arms he holds a bundle of blankets.

"Ev'ning, Professor Dumbledore, sir. Professor McGonagall," Hagrid greeted.

"No problems, I take it, Hagrid?" Dumbledore asked.

"No sir. Little tyke fell ter sleep as we was flyin' o'er Bristol."

Hagrid handed the bundle of blankets to Dumbledore, who then turns toward the doorstep of Number Four.

"Albus," McGonagall started. "Do you really think it best to leave him here, with these people? I've been watching them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They're-"

"The only family family he has left," he interrupted.

"But this boy will be famous. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know his name-"

"Exactly. It would be enough to turn any boy's head. Famous before he can walk and talk. Famous for something he won't even remember. No. He'll be much better off growing up away from all that... until he's ready."

Dumbledore lays the bundle on the doormat. Hagrid sniffles sadly.

"There, there, Hagrid. It's not really goodbye, after all."

Hagrid nods. Dumbledore tucks a parchment envelope into the blankets and steps back, his face suddenly dark and serious.

"Good luck... Harry Potter."

"But what about the girl?" McGonagall questioned, interrupting the moment. "She has no family! We can't leave her with random strangers! At least leave her with Harry. Then neither will be alone!"

"No, Professor," Dumbledore calmly advised. "She will not be able to live here, as she is in a different situation... the Dursleys do not know of her... and neither will anyone in our world. It is okay for her to stay..."

"But with who? Surely not the Malfoys-"

"Though the Malfoys knew her parents, I wasn't planning on it. Hagrid, where is she?"

His question is answered when a soft yawn emits from the basket on the motorcycle.

"She stay'd awake ter whole way, sir."

Dumbledore walks over to the basket and sees the young girl wrapped in (F/C) blankets.

"Who would accept her... the Diggorys perhaps? Or maybe Sirius-"

"What 'bout the Weasley's?"

"Good idea, Hagrid. What do you think, Minerva?"

"...I think we should raise her."

An audible gasp seemed to emit from Hagrid. Dumbledore looking almost just as shocked.

"The Diggorys have enough on their plate... and Sirius is in Azkaban! Also, the Weasley family seems to grow more and more... they can't possibly take care of eight children!"

"What makes yer sure they'll 'ave eight kids?"

"Just a hunch, Hagrid. And I was including (Y/N)."

"But why us?"

"We can raise her together... at Hogwarts. She'll become a girl that people can relate to and confide in. We can raise her better than any other wizard family or muggle around!"

"Very well... from this day forward, she shall be (Y/N) (L/N), Child of Hogwarts."

The baby girl looked up at the three with wide (E/C) eyes, confused. She didn't know how special she was... or why she had a certain scar on her wrist.

But from that day forward, she was to be of a destiny of greatness.

Done with Chapter 1! How do you like being a part of the Hogwarts family? Don't worry, you'll meet Harry eventually. McGonagall was only thinking of Hogwart's benefit and maybe your own as well, as she despised muggles(*cough cough* Dursleys *cough cough*)

See you at Hogwarts!

Bye!