First Year - Chapter 8

Harry

"I've never done Quidditch before!" I told Ron. (Y/N) and I told him about us joining the Quidditch Team.

"Well you two are the youngest Seeker and Chaser in a century! That in itself speaks millions!" Ron exclaimed.

We looked over to (Y/N), whose face still displayed the complete shock she had when she was named Seeker. She's probably never thought she'd ever join the team in a million years or something...

"We know, Ron," I said, looking back to him. "Wood told us."

"Congrats, Harry!" "You too, love!" Fred and George said as they passed by. (Y/N) spun on her heel to face them, her cheeks red with either fury or embarrassment.

"It's supposed to be on low-key! Stop being so... so... UGH!"

"Calm down, (Y/N). It's only Fred and George."

She sighed and turned back around.

"Sorry... I need to set a good example and stop letting out all my emotions on them don't I..." Ron and I nodded.

"Hey (L/N)." I know that voice... "How come you're not expelled yet? Living your last few hours as a student with Potter and Weaselbee? And here I thought the Child of Hogwarts was better than this."

(Y/N) gave us an apologetic look before she spun around, fire in her eyes.

"Four your information, Malfoy, we're NOT expelled!" She didn't call him Mister like she did on the Training Grounds... she's lost all respect for him...

I whipped my arm out in front of her, stopping her before she could do anything.

"Look! Potter trying to tame the monster! You gonna listen to your trainer?"

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry said before grabbing my arm and leading me away. "As I was saying before that disgrace of a wizard interrupted us, what if I fail? What if Gryffindor loses because I'm not good enough? I mean, (Y/N), you're probably amazing at Quidditch considering you live here but I... I'm just Harry..."

"You won't be making a fool of yourself," Hermione said, appearing out of nowhere. "It's in your blood."

She then took us to the trophy room, where we found something that read:

James Potter
Chaser

"You didn't tell me your father played Quidditch!" Ron exclaimed.

"I... I didn't know..." I noticed (Y/N) give me a sympathetic look from the corner of my eye. I couldn't help but smile.

(Y/N)

"It's crazy! She knows more about you than you do!" Ron exclaimed as the four of us were walking up the stairs. I looked over at Hermione, who was still in fact walking with us, RON.

The staircase suddenly gave a jerk to the right as it started to move. I tripped on a step and fell headfirst. I shut my eyes for impact and a bloody nose.

"(Y/N)!" I open my eyes and see that Harry had caught me.

"Th-thanks," I managed to say as I was recollecting myself.

"Let's go this way." The three of them then finished walking up the steps and went through the door. I then realized where they went.

"Wait! That's the third floor!"

I then saw Mrs. Norris behind me. If I stand around she'll get Uncle Argus and he'll surely punish me... so I ran after them to try and get them out of their newfound situation.

"Mrs. Norris is here!" I whisper-yelled to them. "Run!"

We ran to the door at the end of the corridor.

"It's locked!" Ron exclaimed.

"Then use the Unlocking Charm," I reasoned.

"Unlocking Charm?"

"Move over!" Hermione said, getting out her wand. "Alohomora."

The door unlocked and we ran inside. I shut the door behind us.

"Anybody there?" I heard Uncle Argus ask. I didn't want to hide and make my punishment any worse, but if I come out the others'll get in trouble too... that wouldn't be good for Gryffindor. After a minute or two, he left.

"Phew! I sighed. I turned around only to be faced with a bigger danger than getting in trouble... a three-headed dog drooling and growling as if he was about to attack us! Harry, Ron, and Hermione soon also noticed.

You know what? I think this dog is Uncle Hagrid's. I mean, it's standing on a trapdoor and it has to belong to someone so I think it's Uncle Hagrid's. Reasonable enough, right? He probably gave it some harmless name like Fluffy or something...

We then ran out of the room and the trio then began running back to the common room. I however, stayed behind just a little longer to lock the door back using the Locking Spell Colloportus.

When I caught up to them, the were going into the common room. I jumped in an attempt to make it into the portrait hole before it could close and would have missed it if Harry hadn't grabbed my hand and pulled me in when I slipped.

"What do they think they're doing keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?!" Ron exclaimed, still gasping slightly for air.

"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione asked.

"I wasn't looking at it's feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads! Or maybe you didn't notice. There were three!"

"It was standing on a trapdoor!" I remembered.

"Precisely, (Y/N)," Hermione agreed. "It's not there by accident. It's-"

"Guarding something?" Harry asked.

"Yes, Harry. Now, if you two don't mind I'M going to bed, before either of you come up with another idea to get us killed. Or worse, expelled. Come on, (Y/N)." She then grabbed me by the back of my robes and dragged me to the Girls' Dormitory.

"Night Harry. You too, Ron," I said as she dragged me.

"Good night, (Y/N)," the two of them said together.

Hermione then shut the door.

I laid down in bed that night, unable to sleep.

I'm Gryffindor Seeker now, I met Hagrid's new pet, I officially rebelled, Draco Malfoy called me a monster, and I went onto the forbidden third floor. I have done so many wrong things today and I deserve punishment... but I haven't gotten any...

Starting tomorrow, I'll not think about anything related to the third floor or any rule-breaking.

I looked out to the moon and the night sky.

Maybe I could also try to befriend Mister Malfoy... as the Child of Hogwarts I need to be there for everyone, meaning no enemies...

I'll also assist with Oliver Wood's teaching of Quidditch to Harry.

That's in the morning.

I need my sleep.

That's all for now, everyone! See you in the morning and have a nice rest(in the story). Let me know what you think in the comments!

Until next time, wizards and witches!

Bye!