First Year - Chapter 2

Sooo... in this chapter, your birthdate is mentioned. You do not have to change your birthday, however if your birthdate is after September 1, you are 10 during the term until your birthday.

(Y/N)

I was busy writing an owl to my favorite twin pranksters, Fred and George Weasley, when Aunt Minerva came to the Astronomy Tower, which is where I was writing.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes, Aunt Minerva?"

"The sun is just rising and I find you've been awake for two hours already."

"Hehe... I'm in trouble aren't I? Please don't take away house points-"

"Speaking of house points, please head to the Great Hall."

I nodded, marching down the stairs after sending the owl. I knew something was up... am I in trouble? I'm not even sure myself...

My name is (Y/N) (L/N) and I'm what is known as the Child of Hogwarts. I have no idea why I have that name, but I've lived at Hogwarts for as long as I can remember. I was born on (DoB) and I'm currently 10/11 years old.

On the way down, we stopped by Uncle Albus' office. Aunt Minerva then stepped on the elevator leading up, but didn't let me follow.

"This is where I leave you, (Y/N). I have to finish writing Hogwarts letters to new students."

I nodded. She often does that over the summer.

"(Y/N)!"  I heard the yell from across the corridor.

"U-Uncle Severus!"

"Call me Professor Snape, child," he snapped at me.

"Hehe... sorry..."

"I'm here to make sure that you head down to the Great Hall with NO detours... and NO FUNNY BUSINESS."

I nodded. Out of all of my caretakers, I do have to say Uncle Severus is the scariest. But I know he just is looking out for me and doesn't want me in too much trouble...

I mean, I wasn't even that rambunctious until I met Fred and George...

I entered the Great Hall. Uncle Severus stood by the door, making sure no one came in or out. But I didn't see any part about that necessary, since he and I were the only ones inside and only Uncle Hagrid, the Teachers, and Uncle Filch were in the castle besides us.

I walked over to the points counter.

The four main houses: Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Hufflepuff... and then there was the fifth one, which was only in the Great Hall during the summer... my House Points. We called that house the (L/N) House. It was just how I'm disciplined... if I get a certain number of House Points each year, something special will happen. Last year I got to pick all of the starting passwords for that year. (Including the one to Uncle Albus' office!) That was fun.

But this year, I had to reach 10,000 points... the most ever... and when I looked at my point tally, I was shocked.

I had done it!

Right there, the number...

10,001.

And right next to my counter, was a letter... and on the front was my name in special handwriting:

(Y/N) (L/N), Child of Hogwarts

Special Dormitory