|| CHAPTER - 23 ||

the study room.....

Nandini was seated in her chair closing her eyes trying to organize her thoughts...this little talk earlier managed to disorient her emotional state.....she thought after such a  long separation she would be able to maintain her composure while talking to him...but clearly she thought wrong........

her self talk was interrupted by a knock on the door....she knew it was Zach because apart from him no was allowed to enter her private study room....she composed her self and replied in her usual frosty tone " come in....."

as commanded Zach entered the study without making a single noise and forwarded the file he so painstakingly collected....Nandini took the file and skimmed through it's contents before uttering " report...."

the moment Zach heard her he took a deep breath and with practiced ease started uttering the details " Manik Malhotra age 24 CEO of Malhotra empire which is now the leading business empire....he was recently awarded as the youngest business tycoon....although he is quite famous he has never been a fan of media so his interviews are very few....he had previously studied music in SPACE academy but due to some special circumstances he changed his career to manage his father's company.."

" we have made a background check on his father and he is absolutely clear ( clear as in he doesnt have any mafia connections )....on the other hand his mother niyonika malhotra has been noted to be associated with some shady businesses but currently she has been MIA........."

nandini chucked a little but nodded at him to continue.....

" irrespective of this Mr. Malhotra has been quite respected in his company....there are many positive articles circulating about his good treatment towards his employes......he is the founder of shining star orphanages.....and he has been funding numerous orphanages as an anonymous person....."

hearing shining star Nandini became numb for few minutes before a faint smile tugged at her lips.....looks like her Manik did change a lot.....

on the other hand, seeing his ever cold merciless boss smiling for the first time Zach almost had a heart attack...although he didn't know who manik malhotra was for his boss , he could still figure that he must be important...

" he doesn't have much enemies in the business world......but in personal life he has an enmity with some band called fab5....he had once been a part of the band but due to some incident Mr. malhotra left the band......after him leaving the once-popular band went downhill......although they added madhyam singhaniya as their new male lead to save themselves from going bankrupt it did not do much good.....now they are desperately holding on to muse labels to save themselves......"

nandini mocked " when did our muse labels standards drop so low  that we now have to recruit amateur artists..."

zach continued  " apart from this Mr.malhotra has been under constant assassination attempts all of them being ordered by three people......"

Nandini pursued her lips " aliya saxena , mukthi vardhan and dhruv vedant isn't it.....? "

zach nodded his head......" a total of 18 attempts each time  by a different set of people....the dates, places and the people contacted are already in the file.....earlier the attempts were careless and less violent.....but soon it started to be more life-threatening....the most recent one was when Mr Malhotra's car was ambushed and he was seriously injured....he was on bed rest for a month ..."

nandini looked at the details and scowled " pathetic....they really have gone too far this time....how dare they try to harm him.....they liked being the one hunting right...... now i will show them the true meaning of being hunted...i will destroy them bit by bit..slowly and painfully....and by the time i would be done with them they would be begging for death......."