|| chapter - 25 ||

hello dearies.....

i know i am super late.....but this whole month has been really hectic for me.....

so sorry for the delay.....

happy reading

____________________________________________________________________________

as the elevator doors clung open Manik sprinted forward like never before...he ran as if he was on fire.....he din't care if people looked at him as if he was insane....he din't care if his image would be ruined , all he could think at this moment was how much he was close to losing her again....how much close he was to losing that one chance on redemption...hence even with his strained muscles he pushed forward......

the moment he opened the door of the cabin he was panting heavily...he inhaled huge amounts of air and calmed his nerves...

"the first day of work and you barely managed to be on time...you sure do impress me Mr. malhotra " Nandini uttered as a smirk sat on her lips......

Manik looked at her back as she was facing the opposite side....he quickly stood straight as she turned around in her seat.......seeing her stern face he began explaining " Nandini i....."

Before he can continue he was interrupted by Nandini herself......

" ah....before that....since you have forgotten, let me remind you....." Nandini said as she gestured to the gold name plate that sat atop her mahogany table which read Nandini Murthy – CEO

" calling your boss with her name is not something i fancy....you are an employee here manik.....and ' I  'am your employer... I didn't think I would have to teach the youngest business tycoon such a basic thing mr.malhotra....." Nandini said in a fake surprised tone.....

Manik gulped his emotions down.....surely this wouldn't be easy....he can't let her indifference get the better of him....it's his turn to fight for them and he will....he just needs to strive through this......

" boss...traffic...." Manik uttered feeling embarrassed.....it was a very vague reason...something even he didn't acknowledge his employs using and eventually fired such people, as in business world time was money, but now, here he was uttering the exact same reason he used to loathe hearing...

" traffic...i wonder what you would do if you are now in my place mr.malhotra....you are not an ordinary employ mr malhotra.......you are my personal secretary.....one that keeps tabs of all my meetings and plans my schedule.....because of you i could have lost a deal worth billions..... I have already warned you..since you were brave enough to be careless.....you should also be prepared to pay for the consequences........." Nandini spoke sternly....

By the time she finished Manik's face looked horrified but eventually he nodded his head.....

" good I want you to reorganize the past 15 years revenue reports and update the data into the system by evening.....and this time, be sure to be on time cause if you don't you might as well be gone before I reach home...... I am sure you understand....." Nandini smiled....

Manik widened his eyes and nodded....

" good " with that she turned to concentrate on the laptop while Manik turned to leave.....before he stepped out of the cabin he heard her yell " and don't forget to bring my black coffee before you start...you can ask beth ( receptionist ) about my preference....my meeting starts exactly after 10 min so you better hurry with the coffee........"

Manik sighed and made his way to beth as fast as his legs could take him.........

After Manik left, a chuckle escaped Nandini's lips as she leaned on the chair and glanced at the tab opened on the laptop which showed angry birds....