=16=

Jaemin woke up and immediately groaned, feeling sore all over. Last night he let the adrenaline numb the pain but now that all that has worn off he gets to suffer. He stretched out his limbs, hearing the satisfying cracking sounds. Something seemed missing. Jaemin used his right hand to pat around the empty spot next to him to confirm that it was Renjun, he was not next to him.

Jaemin opened his eyes and sat up slowly. He looked around the room, finding it empty. He got up and walked to the door and opened it. As soon as he did he was hit with the smell of the familiar scent of waffles.

He walks, more like limped, down the very short hall to see Renjun pouring some mix into the waffle iron. He watched as Renjun put down the bowl of mix and shut the iron, then watched the iron as it cooked the waffle.

Jaemin smiled and walked over to Renjun, wrapping his arms around Renjun's waist and leaning his head on the shorter's shoulder. "You're cooking waffles," Jaemin commented.

Renjun nodded. "There was still some leftover ingredients from the last time so why not?" He responded, shrugging his shoulders. Jaemin started to sniff Renjun's hair, since he thinks Renjun smells amazing all the time, making Renjun put up his hand defensively and jerking his head away, "Yah!" Renjun turned around and gave Jaemin a gentle shove, "Go sit down."

Jaemin just gave a small smirk and put up his hands in a small surrender, "Anything for you princess."

This of course made Renjun's face heat up and he quickly turned around, trying, but failing, to hide the creeping blush from Jaemin's mischievous eyes.

A minute later Renjun came over to the table with the two plates of waffles that he had added whip cream and even strawberry slices to. Jaemin was impressed, these were presented way better than the ones before that the group ate. "Aww Injunie made them pretty for me?" Jaemin said, giving Renjun a teasing smile.

Renjun gave him an annoyed look and just stuffed his mouth with waffle. They ate in silence, enjoying each other's company.

Jaemin saw that he had a few texts from his friends and got an idea. He looked up at Renjun, who got whip cream on his cheek. He giggled and stood up, walking over to Renjun and leaning down. He wiped the the whip cream off Renjun's cheek with a napkin. Renjun smiled until Jaemin opened his mouth. "Aww a cute little baby," he cooed.

Renjun punched Jaemin in the gut, making Jaemin hunch over with an 'oof'. "Okay, okay, sorry Junie," he straightened back up and smiled at Renjun. "We should spend all day together, just us two, no phones and no friends. We can do whatever you want," he finished.

Renjun smiled. "Anything I want?" he repeated to which Jaemin nodded.

———

"Where are they!?" Donghyuck yelled. He was currently waiting by the school entrance for Renjun and Jaemin to show up with the rest of the gang. He was very salty at that moment. He hasn't heard a word from Renjun since Saturday and when he tried to get into contact with Jaemin his phone would go straight to voicemail just like Renjun's. He thought about going over to Renjun's but then realized that could possibly lead to him seeing something he wish he didn't.

"Look they're here!" Chenle yelled pointing at two figures that had snuck up next to them. Everyone turned to look at the two and they all did a double take.

"What the hell happened to you?!" Mark yelled after seeing Jaemin's roughed up state. Donghyuck went over to Renjun and started checking him out for injuries too, poking him and turning him around.

"Ya! I'm fine," Renjun said annoyed. "Jaemin was the one who got beat up," Renjun said, looking over at Jaemin with a pout, who had been telling the others what happened.