~ Chapter Two ~

Rhysand

The night ended before I carried Feyre home to bed. She was heavier than before, as she was pregnant and due soon. Any day now, I will be a father. My heir will be born.
The stranger was still unconscious in the morning after Cassian and I carried her to the house of wind. We placed her in a bed, and now Feyre looked over here to make sure she's alright. How did she get here? What's her story?
Is everything right? Feyre said through the mating bond. I guess my stress could be felt through the bond. So much to worry about- Hybern, Tamlin, the mortal queens and now this person from the sky? This can't be good for any of us.
I'm alright, Feyre darling I say through the bond as I sit down in front of my paperwork. Tell me when she wakes up.
I will she said through the bond as her walls went up and there was just the silence between us.

Feyre
Who was this person? I sat by her bed in the House of wind checking for injuries. She had no scars, with skin that looked too bare to look real. Not even a scratch. I looked at her hands and sighed. She was married. She bore a ring on her hand and had several burn marks on her fingers. I looked at her face and thought. Does she have a family where she came from? A mate? A child? She looked young, and what situation put her in this place?
I try to enter her mind, look at what has happened to her. Her mind isn't protected, not in the normal way. Her mind has a fire to it, moving and destroying anything that dares touch it. It works against mine, and when I touch it, it burns. I can feel the burning under my skin, in my blood. My fire is different, less wild. This fire is a wildfire, and it won't stop with my commands. Anything I try against her doesn't work. Her body is built and her magic flows in an opposite way to ours, almost parallel. I try to get close enough to her mind to make sure she's still alive, that she knows she's not dead. I can feel her uncertainty on my tongue; she doesn't know where or when she is. If she is alive or not. Then suddenly, her fire stops. Like it was commanded to stop. She turns on her side and moves her arm. She isn't unconscious anymore, not in the coma she was in before. She is asleep now, and asleep.

The morning came and I said goodbye to Rhys. He kissed my brow and flew me up to the house, he wanted to check on the stranger himself. He sat down by her bed and focused. I could see the confusion on his face and feel his magic focusing. He tries and tries.
What is she? He asks as I stand up and walk over to him. He sits back on the chair and sighs.
"I- I've never experienced this in my five hundred years of life" He whispers. The confusion and disappoint is clear in his tone. He stands up and walks over to the door before suddenly stopping. I could feel it too. The temperature was rising rapidly. She was waking up.