Date #3- John Laurens.

James bit his lip, looking in the mirror. He really- really hoped this date went well. Really. John was cute, not to say the others weren't- but John, John was wow. No doubt he's had a small crush on John since they became close friends. He smiled softly to himself and giggled a bit. Clearly extremely happy. "James-" he turned to see Thomas In his doorway, eyes wide and mouth open. "James...wow you look- wow."

"Do you think John will like it..?"

"John..? Oh. Yeah. Definitely.." he said rolling his eyes.

"What's your deal?" He huffed. "It's one date. So what? I don't care if you don't get along with his best friend, but you need to learn to get along with him." He snapped, before hearing his doorbell.

"My deal is that we were supposed to have our movie day!"

"I told you I was gonna miss it!"

"I didn't think you were serious!"

"Well I was! Deal with it! When I come back I want you either ready to accept the fact that I will have other friends and quite possibly a boyfriend- or out of this house." He said before storming out the door and sighing.

"Something bothering you sweetheart?" John asked, leaning on his motorcycle. James looked up and smiled, shaking his head.

"Nope." James replied, walking up to him and hugging him. "Thank you, for taking me out today." James said, before coughing awkwardly and pulling away.

"Of course. Thank you for accepting." James smiled at that and looked down at the helmet that was handed to him.

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine. C'mon." John said, swinging his leg over and helping James on. He loosely wrapped his arms around him, and John just chuckled. "You're gonna need to hold on tighter if you don't wanna fall off."

"I-I don't wann-" he stoped when John took his hands and wrapped them securely around his torso.

"Hold tight." James just nodded and made himself comfy, squeezing a bit and smiling as he heard the bike turn on and take off.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

James smiled as he was helped off the bike, gasping at the sight. There was a cute picnic set up, near the edge of a cliff and just as the sun was going down.

"J-John..."

"It's not the movies or the mall- but I did put a lot of thought into it.."

"I love it." He muttered, turning back to him.

"Great.. then let's get this date started, shall we..?"

Towards the end of the date, John had put connected his phone to a speaker- playing a dancing playlist and the first song that came on was Save the Last Dance for Me. James immediately perked up.

"Michael Bublé..?"

"Ding ding ding! Yes it is. The great classic."

"Holy shit could this date get any more perfect?"

"It could... if you would dance with me?"

"I'd love to, John." James smiled, taking his hand and laughing as he was pulled to Johns arms.

Little did they know...

They weren't the only ones there—