7- You die if you try

It was August. We stopped hanging out as a group but I would still see Richie, Beverly and Bill from time to time. Of course, Richie didn't wanna hang out with anyone from the Losers Club except me. I missed our group.

I went to the Derry Town Square to meet Beverly. I waited for a few minutes until I finaly saw her.

"Bev, over here!" I yelled

She turned around and ran towards me.

"Hi, what's u-" before I could finish my sentance she hugged me. I hugged back.

"Hi! I missed you!" Bev said

We have gotten really close this summer, even though we were pretty different it felt like we were soulmates, in a friend way of course.

"We litteraly saw each other yesterday." I said and laughed

"So what are we gonna do?" Bev asked

"I dunno, smoke in the back alley like usual?" I suggested

"I forgot my cigarettes at home." Bev said and looked down at the floor

"No worries" I said and took out a pack of cigarettes from my pocket.

"Let's go then!" She grabbed my wrist and dragged me all the way there.

I didn't smoke until I started hanging out with Bev. She convinced me to smoke once and I liked it, so I continued (Don't smoke kids). Bev and Richie were smoking buddies but ever since the fight he has been ignoring her, so Bev and I are now smoking buddies.

I took my matches out, I don't have the money to afford a lighter, and lighted my cigarette. I then handed the box of matches to Bev and she did the same.

"So Bev, you and Bill?" I asked and smirked at her.

Her cheeks turned pink.

"I knew it." I said

She then asked "What about you and Richie huh?"

"Nah, we're just friends." I said

"Doubt it." She said and smiled at me

We spent some time time talking, I would say an hour or so.

"I gotta go" Bev said

"Aw really?" I asked

"Yeah, you know my dad." She said

"Good luck with Bill today." I said and smirked

"Haha. Bye!" She said and ran home

I soon got up and started to walk home. On the way I went to a nearby store to steal some cigarettes. When I entered I saw Richie.

"Princess!" He yelled and ran up to me.

"Hi Richie!" I said

"What are you doing here?" Richie asked me

I looked around and then whispered to Richie "I was going to steal some cigarettes."

"Got it." He said and ran up to the cashier.

"Sir, can you show me where the candies are?" He asked the cashier

"Uh, sure. Follow me." The cashier said and showed Richie the way. Not too bad Tozier, not too bad.

I ran up to the counter and quickly stole 2 packs of cigarettes and stuffed them in my bag. I then quickly ran out of the store.

I waited for Richie and when he came out of the store he asked "You got them?"

"Yup, and since you helped me, here." I said and gave him one of the packs.