edmund pevensie ⋆ narnia [10]

imagine: edmund admitting his feelings for you on the spur of the moment

you were badly wounded; a sword had sliced you at the ribs. now you lay asleep in one of the tents caspian had pitched as you were all in your guarded territory of the battlefield.
"tell me she'll be alright." edmund asks caspian, if yet for the hundredth time.
"she'll make it, ed." caspian places his hand on edmund's shoulder, "i've told you this before."
"but her condition could worsen."
"she's been looked after well by my healer."
edmund moves away to look down at you, "if only we hadn't split up with lucy earlier, then she could have given (y/n) her healing cordial."
"edmund, please, she's perfectly fine."
"perfectly fine?" edmund spins around, "how can you say that? she's been struck by a sword! if i wasn't there, she could have died!"
"edmund, keep your voice down. we shouldn't wake her." caspian says.
"caspian," edmund's voice is soft but wavering, "i can't lose her."
"you won't. i know what it's like to fear for a friend's life."
"she's more than that, caspian. she's special to me. without her, i wouldn't breathe. i love her."
"well, then, you should have said that earlier." you suddenly say.
edmund spins back around to see you awake; your lips weakly curved up in a smile.
"(y/n), i... how long have you been awake?"
"since you started shouting."
edmund scratches the back of his neck as caspian rolls his eyes.
"i told you to keep your voice down." he nudges edmund, then leaves the tent.
"so," you say, "let's talk."
"yeah," edmund holds your hand.
"most important. edmund, i love you too."

⋆⋆⋆

GIF CREDIT: @/pisrale on Tumblr

Requested by: thevaliantqueenx