Chapter Eight

Jennie's P.O.V.

*Flashback*

"You up for a little adventure?" Lisa asked me smugly.

"Always," I smiled.

Lisa helped me up onto Leo, but this time I didn't really need it. I still wrapped my arms around her waist for security. Plus, it felt nice. I laid my head against Lisa's back, which was a feeling that I could get used to. She grabbed the reins and we started speeding off. I figured that we'd be touring around the forest, but surprisingly, the forest was rapidly disappearing, leaving me confused.

"Lisa, where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"Do you trust me?" She countered my question with another.

"Of course I do," I said.

"You'll love it, I promise," She giggled, making my mind wander through the possibilities.

I rested my head on Lisa's back again, taking in the surroundings that we were encountering. A few small houses appeared in front of us, then more of its kind. Soon, I heard music and the sounds of people laughing. It was a beautiful sound. Why hadn't I heard this before? Larger buildings formed, along with a striking castle. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Lisa turned to me and smiled, sensing my enthusiasm. I changed my mind. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Lisa pulled to a halt in front of the entrance, walking Leo over to a post where she tied his reins to. She then helped me down by placing her hands on my waist. I loved it when she did that. Lisa twirled me around, a signature move of hers, which never fails to make me giggle.

"You still haven't told me where we are yet," I pouted.

"Be patient!" She laughed. "And stop pouting! You're too adorable when you do that."

I blushed furiously, but tried to contain it. Whenever she said anything of a slightly flirtatious nature, my heartbeat quickened. Although I knew she didn't like me like that, it made me fall for her even more. She grabbed my hand, sending me into a nervous state, and led me through the entry arch.

What I saw behind it was mesmerizing, to say the least. There were so many foreign sights and sounds, enticing me with every step I took. People of varying skin tone, hair color, and clothing were on every corner of the streets. Banners were hung welcoming newcomers into the lavish town. My eyes darted towards an adorable goat, and I pulled Lisa over to pet it.

"Aw, hey there, little guy!" I grinned, bending down to run my hand along his soft hair. He bleated back in response, making me chuckle.

"I didn't know you were a goat whisperer," Lisa laughed.

"Guess I'm just full of surprises," I said with a smirk.

After our encounter with the goat, Lisa pulled me over to a crowd of people dancing. Music was playing and there were people on the side cheering for them, which we joined in on. Lisa turned to me with a smile on her face and held out her hand to me.

"May I have this dance?" She asked.

"Dance?" I questioned. "But I don't know how."

She shrugged. "It's okay. I can teach you."

I contemplated it for a second, but Lisa's chocolate brown eyes made my decision for me. I simply nodded, and she whisked me away into the fray of people. She placed my hand on her shoulder and hers on my waist, not releasing her hand from my grasp. We started moving to the music, first with basic, easy moves, then more difficult, but effortless ones. Something about dancing with Lisa felt right, and I didn't know how to explain it. All I knew was that I wanted her to dance with me more often.

"You ready?" Lisa gave a competitive look to me, almost as if she was challenging me.

"Ready for what?"

"This," She said, leaving me confused.

Before I could comprehend her words, she unclasped our hands and placed hers on my waist, causing me to cling to her arm for support. Suddenly, my body dipped over her arm as Lisa leaned in closer to me. Both of my arms wrapped around her neck, making her smile. If I leaned in any closer, our noses would be touching. I was about to go for it, but then she pulled me back up into our original position.

"You're a good dancer, Lis," I mentioned.

"Why, thank you," She stated proudly. "You aren't too bad yourself for your first time."

"Thanks," My cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink. "We should do this again sometime."

"Yeah, we should."

*Flashback End*

My eyes fluttered open, the memory still fresh in my mind. Flashbacks of Lisa kept waking me up, and I hadn't been able to sleep for more than an hour between each one. Every time, I wished I would wake up to see her next to me, her arms around my waist, hugging me tightly to her chest. But she was gone. And there was nothing I could do about it. I was supposed to be married today to a guy that I definitely didn't love. Don't get me wrong, Kai was a great guy, but he didn't love me, nor did I love him.

Whenever I envisioned my wedding, I would be in a beautiful white gown, holding a bouquet of roses, walking down the aisle with a glittering smile on my face. Rosé and Jisoo would be there as my bridesmaids, and Jisoo would be wiping away Rosé's tears. She always got emotional at things like this.

Then I'd look at her.

She'd be wearing a dapper tuxedo, showing that boyish look that I like in a girl. Her long, blonde hair would be draped over her shoulder. Her best man would pat her on the shoulder and whisper something empowering in her ear. I'd smile even more seeing that, knowing that I'm not the only one who's nervous. We'd say our vows, and her delicate lips would kiss mine passionately. She'd carry me bridal style out the door of the church and whisper "I love you" in my ear.

Thinking of that made me smile, but it quickly faded away when I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey," Rosé walked in. "You ready?"

I nodded, but she knew me better than that. Rosé sat down beside me on my bed and brought me into a hug. I rested my head on her shoulder as she rubbed my back comfortingly.

"Look, I know you don't want to marry Kai," Rosé murmured. "But there isn't anything that we can do."

I sighed, releasing from her grasp. "I just wish that Lisa was here."

"I know, sweetie, I know," She said. "We tried to stop her, we really did, but she got away." She wiped away a tear that had fallen down my cheek. "Jisoo and I will bring your dress in a minute."

Rosé left the room, giving me a final reassuring hug. Today, I wished that I was still asleep. Then I wouldn't have to marry a guy I didn't love, nor would I have lost Lisa. My whole life was crumbling before me, but like Rosé said, "There isn't anything I can do."