Chapter Eleven (Finale)

Lisa's P.O.V.

I found myself sitting by the lake, admiring the scenery around me. I had told BamBam that I wanted to clear my head from all the alcohol I had last night, which he understood. Plus, he had his shift at the bar anyway, so he couldn't be with me. Tears were pricking at the corners of my eyes when something came to my mind.

This was the spot Jennie and I came to all the time.

God, with every breath I took, I missed her. I wanted this to just be a bad dream. I wished her all the best with her marriage to Kai. He'd make her happy, I just plain knew it. Why wouldn't he? He was a sweet guy. No wonder Jennie's parents were really excited for her to marry him.

I picked at the daisies on the ground, doing the cliche "She loves me, She loves me not" maneuver. My face lit up when I picked the last petal while uttering the words "She loves me." In my dreams, she still did. Just as I had said to BamBam, I had screwed up big time and there was no going back.

*Flashback*

Jennie lay on the ground, picking daisies delicately. She would intertwine their stems, soon creating a long chain of the beautiful flowers. I lay next to her, observing her every move. I loved the way her adorable face would scrunch up whenever she was frustrated. I loved the way she giggled when she found a bunch of flowers ready to be picked. I loved the way she would smile when I asked her what she was doing. I was whipped, wasn't I?

"Finished!" She squealed, sitting up to triumphantly show her newly made daisy crown.

Jennie beamed and made her way closer to me, until our shoulders were touching. As simple as it was, it made me blush furiously. She placed the flower crown on top of my head carefully, stepping back for a second to admire her work.

"What'd you do that for?" I asked.

"A princess needs her prince, right?"

She was trying to kill me. Her gummy smile made my heart flutter. I enveloped her in a big hug, squeezing her tightly, which she giggled at. Jennie turned around and looked at me with so much happiness in her eyes. I never wanted that to leave her. I may have stared at her for too long, because she noticed.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She questioned.

"Because you're beautiful."

I cursed myself for saying that, but Jennie didn't seem to mind. Instead, she beamed and hugged me back. I was too entranced by her that I didn't notice the sky getting darker until a clap of thunder sounded. Jennie jumped against me, causing me to wrap my arms tighter around her.

"Let's go somewhere else," I suggested.

"I second that," Jennie said.

I took her hand and led her over to a spot under a tree that we would be mostly covered. We sat down and laid there for a minute before I noticed Jennie shivering beside me. Without hesitation, I took off my jacket and handed it to her. She looked up at me in confusion, but I nodded.

"Take it," I said. "I don't want you to freeze to death."

"Thank you, Lisa," I swear I saw a blush come to her cheeks, but I shook off that thought.

Jennie put on the jacket as I told her and I had to stop myself from giggling. The jacket was much too big for her, but she looked so comfy in it, so who was I to stop her? She laid her head on my shoulder and nuzzled in close.

"You're warm," She murmured, her voice muffled.

"How bout now?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.