Chapter Ten

I walked out of the room, stealing one last glance at myself in the mirror before leaving. Rosé gave me a reassuring side hug, which I gladly reciprocated. We slowly walked out of the room, as I was wearing heels. God, were heels painful. Why do short women have to suffer so much? Soon, I joined hands with my father, whom I had met yesterday. He smiled at me, which hurt my heart so much. I showed him a tight smile, but deep down, I was crying.

"You excited?" He asked.

"Yeah," I muscled through.

"I'm so happy for my baby girl!" He beamed. "She's going to go off and marry the love of her life! I must thank him later for breaking the curse."

Wait. What? Kai didn't break the curse. Lisa did. Everything made sense now. Lisa hadn't left because she didn't love me. She left because she felt like she couldn't love me. If there was any bit of my heart left, it was shattered by now. I wanted to tell my dad the truth about what happened, but it was too late. The organ started playing and we began to walk down the aisle. Everyone around us was smiling and happy, and I didn't want to break anyone's heart, so I powered through.

Once I got to the end, my dad let me go to walk up to the altar, where I saw Kai. He didn't look happy either, but his fake smile was really believable. He held my hand and squeezed it a bit, mouthing 'Are you okay?' to me. I nodded, squeezing his hand in return. God, Kai was such a good guy. He didn't deserve this. He deserved a girl who made him happy, not one that he felt obligated to marry.

"We are gathered here today..." The rest of the words that the priest said were drowned out in my head.

My mind kept wandering elsewhere. Specifically to the blonde that had never left my mind since I met her.

*Flashback*

"Hey, princess," I looked up to see Lisa smiling down at me.

"Princess?" I asked. "That's new."

"Do you not like it?"

"No, I love it," I beamed.

She sat down beside me as we looked out to the horizon ahead. I always loved watching it. The pinks, oranges and reds left me with a soft feeling. I would always come here when I needed to clear my head, as Jisoo and Rosé were always asleep at this time.

"Why did you come here?" I asked Lisa.

"I wanted to see you again," She said, nudging my shoulder slightly.

I couldn't hide the blush on my cheeks at this point. There was something about Lisa's compliments that made me flush a bright pink.

"And..." Lisa pulled a small box out from her pocket. "I got you something."

"What is it?" I questioned, running my fingers along the velvet on the tiny box.

"Why don't you open it and find out?" She winked at me.

I did as I was told and opened the box delicately. What was inside took my breath away. It was an exquisite silver necklace with a heart charm embellished with gemstones of varying colors and sizes. On the back, my name was engraved in a fancy font. Upon seeing it, I had to stop myself from crying tears of joy. Instead, I threw my arms around Lisa, nuzzling my head into her neck. She fell backward a bit, but then steadied herself by putting her hands on my waist.

"Thank you, Lisa," I whispered into her ear.

"You're welcome, Jennie," She whispered back.

Our hug lingered for a while, as I didn't want to let her go. Finally, I let go of my grasp on her, and took the necklace out of its beautiful packaging. The chain was so delicate in my hands and the engraving must have cost a fortune. The fact that Lisa cared so much warmed my heart.

"Would you help me put it on?" I pleaded, showing her my puppy dog eyes.

"Of course," Lisa said, taking the necklace gingerly in her hand.

She took both ends of the necklace and looped it around my neck. I swung my hair over to one side to help her. I heard the clip of the clasp and felt Lisa's fingertips trace down my back gently. Then, her arms wrapped around my waist and squeezed me tight. I leaned back against her chest, an exhale escaping my lips.

"You're amazing," Lisa's alluring voice spoke.

"You think so?"

"Umm-hmm," She said. "I'm so happy I met you."

"Me too," I turned towards her and smiled. "I'm never taking this off, by the way."

Lisa laughed and hugged me tighter. "I hope not."

*Flashback End*

"Jennie, do you take Kai to be your husband?"

The priest's voice shook me out of my daydreaming as I felt everyone's gaze on me. My cheeks felt like they were on fire with all this newfound attention. I tried to make words come out of my mouth, but every time, I couldn't. Some invisible force would stop me from saying the words 'I do.' Two words, Jennie. All it is is two words!

My hand reached up to cradle the heart-shaped charm from my memories in my hand. My fingers ran over the engraving and gemstones carefully, feeling tears come to my eyes. Kai seemed to notice this and squeezed my hand again. I looked up to where my eyes met his, blinking back tears. To my surprise, he smiled and mouthed 'Go to her.' to me.

"I-I have to go."

With that, I picked up the skirt of my dress and ran. I ran faster than I ever had before, stopping only once to drop my shoes at the doorstep. Gasps and yells were heard behind me, but I didn't care. I had to see her. Who knows if she'd even want to see me, but I needed her. Maybe I was crazy. Maybe I was out of my mind. But God help me, I would keep running until the day I die if there was a chance that I could see Lisa again.