1.

10 years ago:

"Bridgette, Bridgette look at me!"- little Marinette laughed while swinging in the park with her sister.

"Marinette slow down you're going to hurt yourself."- a bit older sister responded also laughing.

" Look at me goooooo!I'm sooo high up! I feel like I can fly!"

" Marinette seriously You need to slow down or you'll fall off"

"NOOO, I WANNA BE SO HIGH UP SO I CAN TOUCH THE SKY" - little girl responded while reaching out with her hand causing her to fall off the swing, hurting herself in process.

" You see, I told you that you're going to get hurt," Bridgette said as little Marinette started crying. " Now, now calm down you'll be okay"

Putting a little ladybug bandaid on Marinette's knee Bridgette continued " You see it's nothing serious. "  Her big hands wrapped around small girls frame comforting her.

"T-thank y-you Bridg-gette" - little girl responded with her cries slowly calming down. "Come on let's go home... we can get some cookies on the way there if you want to?" LIttle girl's face suddenly lit up "YES YES PLEASE!" she said full of excitement. "hahahah okay Mari let's go"

Present time:

Marinette's pov:

"Good morning miss Marinette! Did you sleep well?"-little women said while pulling off curtains from the windows.

"ugh...Polly?...what time it is? IT'S 5:30 IN THE MORNING! " I said groggily as I looked in the direction of my clock. " I'm going back to sleep" I said covering my head with the blanket returning to my lovely slumber.

"Sorry miss, but Mr. Dupain and Madam Cheng personally requested you to be early today," she said while taking my blanket off- " I believe you'll be attending classes in your new school today"

"ugh..." I responded while, slowly, getting out of bed - " I'm going to take a shower"

"Your clothes are on the shelf miss." Polly said while exiting the room

"Thank you." I responded calmly and carefully got inside of the shower feeling warm water touching my skin.

 After that, I got dressed in that hideous uniform- like seriously do they don't know how to design an appropriate uniform or at least something that's not this ugly. The uniform was made out of nice materials, I noticed, but the black skirt was too long and the shirt had that weird ruffled neckline that looked like it was taken out of another century. Shoes by themselves weren't that bad but along with the outfit, they just added ugliness to the whole look.

Standing in front of the mirror I applied my makeup and took my meds afterward heading out to the dining room grabbing that disgusting black cardigan, that was supposed to 'complete the look', on the way.

I entered the dining room with people following me along the way there. I sat on a chair waiting for my mother and father to arrive. Just a few seconds later they came in already dressed for work. "Good morning mother, father!" I greeted them only getting a slight nod in return, from my father, and a disappointed "hmm", from my mother. They sat down, father across from me and mother next to him, and our cook served us breakfast.

 After around 30 minutes of eating in complete silence, father called his assistant and gave her an envelope which she gave to me. I opened it and read the title 'Francoise Dupont Highschool'  in nice cursive gold letters, my schedule and all rules that I should follow and what would happen if I don't follow them were in the letter. I left the envelope on the table and stood up in order to leave when my mother spoke, in a rather formal manner, "Jerald is picking you up in front of the house, Mark is waiting for you in the car and he will accompany you throughout the day. Don't forget to act like a lady and DON'T embarrass our family name!" "Don't worry, I'll behave." was my response and I continued walking to the door when she stopped me again "Tighten your bun and straighten your posture!" "Of course mother." I said leaving the room instantly straightening my back. Grabbing my backpack I exited the house and entered the car greeting Jerald as he opened the door for me. When got in Mark hugged me and we talked for a bit about my health and my plans for today.

Ah, Mark, my one and only friend...well technically my parents pay him to watch over my health and to accompany wherever I go, but we became really close, after all, he knew me since I was two! He's the only person who truly cares about me. He doesn't care who my parents are or how much money I have, he only cares if I'm okay and he's always there when I need him.

We arrived at our destination, Francoise Dupont Highschool, and Mark said "Good luck on your first day Mari! I know you can do it!" patting my head and handing me my schedule for after my classes are over - overbooked...well I'm not surprised - "You know I'm not a baby anymore, right?" I responded obviously thinking of that pat he gave me. "Yup, I know! But you'll always be a baby to me." he said giving me the dorkiest smile ever " Anyways... I'll wait for you after school and if you're not feeling well call me, okay?" "Yeah, yeah I'll call you don't worry..." I said slowly exiting the car. " Oh, and Mari," he said, " don't forget to have fun!" I just smiled at him reassuringly, closing the car door behind me. And here I am, standing here in front of this massive school. Ugh, I don't want to get inside...

'bump' I feel myself falling forward and I'm instantly preparing myself to crush into the cold pavement but something stopped me. I turn around and I see this blonde boy holding my waist in an attempt to save me from falling."Sorry, are you okay? I didn't see you" the blond said letting go of my waist. "Y..yeah, thank you" I replied a bit startled from almost falling and then I remembered my mother's words from this morning 'act like a lady' I  instantly straightened my posture and said to the boy " I'm terribly sorry for getting in your way." "Nonono It's fine, I bumped into you after all" he placed his hand on the back of his neck -  it seems he does that when he's embarrassed or stressed or worried or maybe confused...NO! Marinette stop doing that! People will think that you're crazy! -

Adrien's pov:

"And then this giant robot came out of nowhere and he had lasers coming out of his eyes...and then he.." I was walking to school with my best friend Nino and he was describing the movie he and his girlfriend, Alya, watched on their date yesterday. To say he was ecstatic was the understatement of the century! Before we knew it, we reached our school, Francoise Dupont Highschool, I turned my back to the way I was walking in order to sand right in front of him "This is going to be the best year ever Nino! I can just feel it!" Because I was walking backward I didn't notice a person behind me before I heard Nino say "Yo dude, watch out!" but It was too late and I  send a person behind me straight to the ground. I somehow managed to turn around just in time to catch the person I bumped into" wow she's so light" I thought to myself. In just a few seconds her face was facing mine and oh god, how can someone be so beautiful? "Sorry, are you okay? I didn't see you" I tried saying it the best I can without stuttering. Noticing that my arm was still on her waist I quickly removed it hoping she didn't find it weird or scary."Y..yeah, thank you" she responded but suddenly, I can see her face looking almost scared. Good job Agreste, you managed to scare her! " I'm terribly sorry for getting in your way." she said sounded dull and kind of cold...just like somebody I know. Fastly shaking that thought out of my mind I responded  "Nonono It's fine, I bumped into you after all" placing my hand on the back of my neck, I sometimes do that out of reflex. "I'm sorry again, I should head to class." and with that, she left in a hurry leaving me standing there.

After a couple of seconds, I could hear Nino's and Alya's laughter behind me. "Wow thank you guys for being such great friends" I said mockingly "Can't help it, bro, you just looked so funny..."Nino said through laughter and Alya added: "Looks like we have a lover boy on the loose!" The pair continued to laugh until I spoke up " Yo guys,  but who is she?" "I dunno, bro." Nino replied. " Oh my god! How very helpful of you Nino!" my sarcasm was all over the place. "she definitely goes to our school, but I haven't seen her before. Maybe she's new? I can investigate it for you..our little boy it's going to get a girlfriend!" Alya was just singing "Shush Alya, she might hear you...plus I don't know her!" "Oh shut up lover boy,  I can already tell you she's better than Chloe." "OHHHHH ADRIIIIKINSSS" we could hear Chloe shouting in the distance "Speak of the devil," Alya said " well this is our cue to go" and she left dragging Nino with her leaving me to deal with Chloe.

To be continued...

word count: 1611