Promised Victory

"You want me to what!?" said Misaki.

Ben frowned as he stood outside the door of Misaki Shokuhou's dorm room and twiddled his fingers a little. "Er.. well I want you to-.."

"I heard you the first time." Misaki said. "Listen what you're asking for is dangerous.."

"Wow.. NOW you're apprehensive about taking over my mind?" Ben grumbled. "REALLY?  I mean of all the times."

"Well yeah I am okay when I'm just controlling your mind, or peering into your memories by myself. But you're asking me to unravel memories that have been suppressed or pushed away... and not just tell you what I see.. but actually bring back the details in true raw perfect quality.. perfect enough to help you make sense of them.. " said Misaki. "This process for Telepath espers is something we call Dream Walking.  It's very dangerous.."

"How so?" Ben asked.

"During a Dream Walk state, the telepath and one being treated walk through the memories together, find the source, the reasons.." said Misaki. "But because of that..  your body will think the memories in your head are real.. if you have false memories of dying.. or dreams where you get hurt and we walk into them by accident, your body will think they are real and you will REALLY get hurt... much like a Hallucinogenic Neurotoxin."

"Would there be ways to counteract that?" Ben asked. 

"You could go alien." said Misaki with a shrug.

Ben blinked. "It's that simple? Using the Omnitrix in my mind?"

"You've used it in Mikoto's mind." said Misaki. "Listen.. the Omnitrix doesn't just transform your body, it transforms your soul, your mind, and turns you into an alien reflection of yourself.. using the Omnitrix out here uses it in there as well.. "

"How do you know?" Ben asked. 

"As brief as my treks into your mind have been, they have also explained quite a bit." said Misaki. "Look, if we're doing this... I need to make some preparations to ensure you don't hurt yourself or me..   can you call a few friends.. any who are capable of restraining you if say.. Four Arms had a nightmare..?"

"I can think of a few.. " Ben muttered. 

"Call them.." said Misaki. "And call Misaka just in case we need to bring in somebody who can calm you down.. she's usually immune to my power.. but if she willingly brings down her electric field I'll be able to bring her into our little mental adventure if you have a panic attack."

"Me.. a panic attack?" Ben said. "Come on.."

Misaki glared at Ben. "Don't play dumb.. I know about those Black Heart forms.."

Ben froze with slight fear. "Oh.. yeah.. on that measure you have a point.. and how did you know about THOSE!?"

"Lots of connections.." Misaki said. "Misaka isn't the only one who cares about your good health. Now make your calls, the sooner this is over with the better.."

A few moments later, Accelerator, Kevin, Mikoto and Birdway were sitting in Misaki's dorm, with Ben lying on her bed, hooked up to a heart monitor.

"Is that really necessary?" Ben said, looking at the heart monitor.

"Yes." said Misaki firmly. 

Ben had never seen Misaki act so serious before. He was used to her with her sly smiles, ditsy deceiving voice to fool people into thinking she was an airhead, and spoiled girl act.  But now she was acting strict, professional, and no nonsense.. just how dangerous WAS this procedure?

"So let me get this straight.." Accelerator muttered. "Our job is to make sure Ben doesn't go on a sleepwalk alien rampage.."

"That's the gist of it.." said Birdway. "We are some of the only individuals capable.. well.. the individuals who are in good enough health anyways.."