Chapter 2

Ponyboy woke up to a familiar darkness and saw Fate. He jumped up, winced in pain, and placed a hand to his head. "Ugh, what happened? What was that?" he asked her, groaning.

Fate smiled softly at him. "I changed Fate. I changed myself. I rewound time and Johnny and Dallas are alive."

Ponyboy shook his head. Then he winced in pain. Again.

"No. No they're not. It's not possible. I watched them die." Ponyboy took a deep breath. "Alright, let's say that for a minute here, I believe you. Why would you bring them back?"

Fate reached a pale hand out and placed it on his cheek, pushing his hair back. Ponyboy, for some reason felt comforted. "You, my child, have been through a lot. And believe or not, I have taken a liking for you. Accept this gift, for it is real. I will protect you and your friends, as long as you help me understand a few things. When I need you, I shall bring you back here, however, for now, go enjoy the company of your friends.

She leaned forward and kissed his forehead and Ponyboy fell back as his surroundings brightened.

OoO

When Ponyboy awakened, he was on his floor. He could hear the gang as he began stirring.

"Oh God, Dar. Is he okay?" Soda said in worry.

"Come on, Pone. Come on." Darry whispered.

Ponyboy opened his eyes and groaned before making eye contact with Darry. He groaned and sat up, ignoring Soda's plead for him to not move so fast.

Ponyboy looked at Darry and gave him a crooked smile. "Sorry." Darry shook his head as Two-Bit spoke up. "Lord kiddo! What the hell was that about?"

Johnny looked at me with a concerned look on his face. "Pony? Are you alright?"

Ponyboy's voice was dry and he struggled to find the words to explain his actions. Eventually, he just gave up and threw his arms around Johnny, showing an uncharacteristic action.

Johnny yelped slightly in surprise before hugging Ponyboy back. "Lord almighty, Ponyboy what's wrong?"

Ponyboy gulped and looked at the faces surrounding him. "I'm sorry. I must've had a really bad nightmare." He lied.

Darry's concern shifted into rage. "Nightmare? Kiddo, it's three in the morning! Where the hell have you been?!'

Pony winced. "I fell asleep in the lot." He whispered softly. Was it going to happen again? Was Darry really gonna hit him? Ponyboy braced himself for the inevitable.

Darry continued yelling at Ponyboy, when Sodapop tried to step in. The rest of the gang watched awkwardly, when Ponyboy yelled, "Don't you yell at him!"

Darry's hand swung quickly and connected with Ponyboy.

Ponyboy felt the similar feeling of being hit against the screen door as a million thoughts flew through his head. He heard the commotion behind him.

"Glory, Dar, what the hell is wrong with you?" he heard Dally yell. Johnny put a hand on Ponyboy's shoulder. Ponyboy shrugged him off before flying out the front door and running. This time he'd go by himself. This time he'll avoid the park he thought.

He ran and ran and ran.

This time, he won't let them die.