Jonah- Prank

@sami2570 I'm so sorry for not writing this until now

It was a pretty lazy day in the Why Don't We household, so naturally the boys wanted to do something fun.

Daniel was watching a prank compilation video on his phone, while the others conversed.

"We could make something? Like a food dish?" Jack suggested, already thinking of a recipe.

"Nah, we suck at cooking, plus Jonah won't let us use anything except the microwave, remember?" Corbyn frowned. On Jonah's birthday, Corbyn, Daniel, Zach and Jack decided to make the eldest member a breakfast in bed. Unfortunately, their bacon burned and set off the smoke alarm, the toast became practically charcoal, and Zach had forgotten to put the lid on the blender. Pretty obvious what happened.

"What about a craft project thing?" Zach asked. "Jonah won't be home for another four hours, so we have time to make a mess and clean up."

"That is.... the worst idea I've ever heard." Daniel snorted from his place on the couch.

Zach pouted. "Well, what's your big idea, Mr. I-Don't-Wanna-Do-Anything?"

"One word," Daniel smirked, and showed the others his phone. "Prank."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonah was stuck in the studio trying to record a certain part of their most recent song, and management wouldn't let him leave until it was perfect.

"Jonah, that note isn't a flat! Try one more time." The recordist, Calvin spoke through his headset.

The eldest member felt like crying. He'd been singing the same piece over and over again non-stop for three hours. "Can I take a break first?" He asked, taking off his headphones.

Calvin gave him a thumbs-up, and nodded. Jonah smiled, and rushed out of the recording booth.

There was a little back area with water bottles and snacks available to workers and artists alike. Jonah grabbed a bottle, and chugged half of it. His throat was dry from singing, but he overall was feeling a bit down. He'd woken up with a small headache, which had thankfully stayed down low.

He finished his water, slower this time, then went back to the recording booth.

"Ready?" Calvin asked as Jonah slipped on the headphones.

Jonah nodded and Calvin started the music. Jonah let the melody Daniel and Zach had created flow through his body, getting ready for his part.

Don't call me back
unless you want to
Don't leave the party
that I drove you to
Tonight
Cause I wanna give you a surprise

Don't leave me
When you're the one causing all my problems
Baby
Don't leave now
Just because you don't know how
To say I'm sorry

Jonah finished the lyrics, exhaling after.

"Wow," He heard Calvin's voice drift through the booth. "That was the best one yet. Think you could do it again?"

I really don't want to. "Sure" Jonah ignored the little voice in his head, and heard the music start again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I want it to involve something messy!" Zach said, and the others walked around the store.

"Yeah, but what? Flour? Chocolate syrup? Ice?" Jack read off the aisle tags.

"I think chocolate syrup would suffice." Daniel said, turning down the aisle. "Our budget is $50, so nothing super expensive."

"Dude, chocolate sauce is like $3 a bottle. We are not going to spend $50 on syrup." Zach laughed.