Chapter 1 Meeting Howl

Third pov

(Y/n) ran for her next appointment. Madame Sulliman had sent her on errands for the day and one of them had taken some extra time, so now she was late.

"Oof-" (y/n) ran straight into someone and an arm was quick to stop her from hitting the ground.

"Easy there, sweetheart. We wouldn't want you to get hurt." A smooth voice said.

(Y/n) took a look at her saviour. He had blond hair, light blue eyes and a smile that threw her of guard. He looked so happy.

"Why thank you, kind stranger."

He chuckled. "Who wouldn't want to help such a beautiful flower?"

(Y/n) couldn't help but smile and blush. "You flatter me."

His smile turned into a more amused one. "Did you have to go somewhere? You seemed to be rushing."

Her eyes widened and she swore lowly to herself. "I'm sorry, I have to go." She started running again, leaving the young man behind. He was pretty, but not worth the scolding from her teacher.

Howl chuckled as he watched the young witch running to her next appointment. He hoped to see her again.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"I heard you were late to the meeting with Heen today. Did something happen?" Madame Sulliman asked her apprentice during the afternoon.

(Y/n) nodded. "The older wizard you asked me to talk to had an accident with a spell of his, I had to help him catch a few of his animals again. And on the way to meeting Heen I accidentally ran into a young man." She confessed.

"A young man you say... Tell me what he looked like." She was quite sure who her beloved apprentice had run into (a little bird had told her of a special someone having been in town), but some more confirmation wouldn't hurt.

"Well, he was a young man with blond hair, blue eyes and very stylish clothes. I could feel some magic coming of him." (y/n) replied.

"I do believe you met Howl, an earlier apprentice of mine." Madame Sulliman motioned for (y/n) to sit down. "He is one of the wizards that will be attending the ball that the king is holding for us magic users."

"The day of ball will be off for you. No lessons." Sulliman told (y/n) before dismissing her.

(Y/n) nodded in thanks before exiting the room. She needed to prepare for the ball, being Madame Sulliman's apprentice meant that she had to look perfect. Can't have someone working in the kings castle looking like they came from the street.... There were times she missed not having to care much for appearances.

Time skip

The ball was grand and the most magical one ever held. But that was to be expected when you put this many witches and wizards in one room.

(Y/n) wore a lovely gown that helped her attract a lot of attention. Many wizards had already tried to "woo" the famed apprentice of Madame Sulliman but there was only one she was interested in.

"Hello there, sweetheart. I see you aren't rushing today." Howl spoke from behind her. He had watched her for a while before deciding to approach her, unable to hide his smirk as he saw that the color of his suit matched her gown. "May I have this dance?"

(Y/n) smiled and nodded, many jealous stares following them to the dance floor.
"I'm sorry I ran right into you yesterday. I was late for a meeting."

Howl's smile made her feel butterflies in her stomach. "It's okay. Talking to you was the height of my day."

Madame Sulliman smiled from where she sat upon one of the balconies. If (y/n) and Howl liked each other then that was only good. Her two best apprentices together would be a win no matter how you saw it. And it would make getting Howl loyal to the king easier.

(Y/n) laughed and to Howl it was a beautiful sound. "You're not what the rumors make you out to be."

Howl twirled her around. "Then what am I?"

"Amazing." She giggled before teasing him. "At least at dancing~"

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)