Chapter 2 Flowers

Third pov

(Y/n) made her way to where she was supposed to meet Howl. Not running this time, thank you very much! She had already met a handsome wizard that way and had no intention of meeting another. She liked the one she had already met.

She saw Howl at the corner where they said they would meet. How he managed to look pristine while leaning against a wall she'd never know.

"Hello, darling." Howl smiled as he saw her come walking.

"Hi there, handsome." She smiled as she saw that, once again, their clothes matched.

Howl noticed as well and laughed. It made her feel butterflies. "It seems we match this time too."

"Indeed. Come on, I know a place where we can talk in peace." She motioned to their curious spectators trying to listen in.

Howl nodded. "Lead the way, darling."

Time skip

(Y/n) brought him to a field of flowers a bit outside town. "I come here when the castle becomes too much." She explained as she showed it. There were hundreds of flowers, all stretched over the field in several different colors.

Howl looked around, thinking about his own flower field quite a bit away from here. "It's almost as beautiful as you."

A dark blush covered her cheeks at the compliment and she was glad her hair could easily cover her face. "Madame Sulliman said you were her last apprentice before me."

"I was. Though I didn't complete the apprenticeship. She could be quite.... terrifying, for a lack of better word."

(Y/n) laughed. "She can be, can't she? I think that's how most see it." She most definitely had found her teacher intimidating at first.

"She is one powerful witch. I'm not surprised she has her position at the castle." Howl said.

She shook her head. "I don't think anyone fits better as head sorceress than her."

They took a seat on the ground, the conversation going to lighter subjects as Howl told her about his own apprentice trying to learn the ropes. Safe to say that it had resulted in some.... Explosive times.

Around the time the starry night sky showed itself, Howl felt a heavy weight on his shoulder. He looked and was met with (y/n) looking half asleep. "Let's get you home sweetheart."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)