SUFFIXES BY SKILL: HOW TO CHOOSE

Average Cats

Some cats, although competent warriors, don't have one particular skill that stands out. They may have distinctive markings, and could be named for those. Note that the suffix shouldn't be redundant, so if your cat already has a prefix implying the pattern, it would be best to stick with -fur or -pelt.

-back: No distinctive markings; the back is the color of the prefix

-dapple: A cat with a dappled appearance, whether it be a tortoiseshell or spotted tabby

-flank: no distinctive markings; the flank is the color of the prefix

-fleck: A cat with a flecked appearance, so that would likely be a ticked tabby or a tortoiseshell.

-fur: No distinctive markings.

-patch: The cat has patches of white, or is mostly white with patches of color.

-pelt: No distinctive markings.

-speck: distinctive speckled appearance, likely a ticked tabby or a tortoiseshell

-splash: patches of white

-spot(s): see -patch; alternately, a spotted tabby

-stripe: tabby with especially distinctive stripes

Fighting

If your cat's a skilled fighter, chances are, you'll pick one of these. However, while they all generally mean a cat who's good at fighting, there are subtle differences between most of them.

-fang: Although the cat is skilled at fighting, they're equally skilled at hunting, and not better at one or the other.

-tooth: see -fang

-talon: Though this is meant for a skilled, swift hunter, it does have some implications of fighting skill.

-claw: A cat who is very skilled at fighting. This is more or less the foundation for the rest of the suffixes here.

-strike: In particular, a cat who is fast, and perhaps focuses on one part of the enemy, and hits hard there.

-blaze: This implies fearlessness, which, depending on the situation, could be good or bad. It can also mean the cat is very ferocious.

-fire: Sort of like a cross between -storm and -claw, a very unpredictable cat who is a fierce and skilled fighter.

-flame: Often a very passionate cat, they aren't afraid to fight for what they believe in – and they're good at it, too.

Please remember: Just because a cat was named for fighting skill, it doesn't mean they're power-hungry. (Yes, I'm glaring at Thistleclaw and Tigerstar, who gave -claw cats a bad name.)

Hunting

If hunting is your cat's forte, one of these suffixes might be a good choice. Note that if your your cat is skilled at fishing by swimming to catch the fish, then any swimming suffixes would work.

-fang: Although the cat is a better-than-average hunter, it is equally skilled at fighting

-tooth: see -fang

-whisker: an exceptionally skilled hunter; essentially the base for the rest of the hunting suffixes

-pounce: skilled hunter; may have especially powerful pounces

-hawk: a skilled hunter that is best at using bursts of speed to catch prey; has some implications of fighting skill, as well

-night: skilled hunter that is best at using stealth to catch prey

-pad: see -night

-talon: see -hawk

-shade: see -night

-shadow: see -night

-stalk: see -night

-whisper: see -night

Medicine Cats

There are a few suffixes that are exclusively for medicine cats. To earn one of these suffixes, the medicine cat in question must be exceptionally skilled. If berries, leaves, and roots are used approximately the same amount, then just pick the one you prefer.

-berry: Use this if berries are the most commonly used parts of herbs

-dream: This medicine cat has an exceptionally strong connection with StarClan

-leaf: Use this if leaves are the most commonly used parts of herbs

-root: Use this if roots are the most commonly used parts of herbs

Speed

For a fast cat, come here! Again, these suffixes do have subtle differences, so be sure to find the one that fits your cat perfectly.

-foot: The "basic" speed suffix. A very fast cat, but the suffix implies nothing more than that.

-breeze: More commonly seen with she-cats, this implies gracefulness and agility as well as speed. Alternately, it can imply a fast runner with lots of stamina.

-wind: I see this as a cat who not only is fast, but has lots of stamina.

-flight: A fast cat, yes, but they should also be agile, and skilled at jumping (if not climbing as well); thus, a cat who seems to "fly"

-wing: Like flight

WARRIOR NAMES NOT IN ORDERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें