cinq

Jisung usually did his best thinking under stress and while he was feeling a touch miserable. But, surprisingly, he found himself analysing and scheming inside McDonalds as he annihilated an Egg McMuffin.

Just how emotional was that man? Jisung has really scored the jackpot. He seemed (only seemed) to be one of those cheesy people who would throw away their entire lives for the people close to them. Jisung remembered vaguely a little equation he'd thought up a few months beforehand to determine these kinds of things — extremely handy. He figured if he could get into his inner circle, he could start manipulating how he thought and even how he ran the company — this assassination could be pulled off spectacularly.

He eyed his watch, making a mental note to go to the gym later. He knew he shouldn't have been setting aside time for personal endeavors, but you couldn't exactly be a sloppy assassin. He sneaked a little stray money from the counter and left the restaurant with his jacket slung over his back. The singular plus of constantly wearing a suit was the constant reverence and zero suspicion.

Today he had the internship again for half the day. He wondered when he could see Zhong — or Chenle?

Jisung frowned. He didn't even know what he wanted to refer to him as, though it was a bit narcissistic to just refer to him as "victim".

Chenle, then. It would help him get used to it and not slip and call him Zhong. He got into the lift and pressed it closed, thoughtful. It was quite a unique name. There wasn't much in appreciating a name, was there?

Watching the numbers tick up to his floor on the elevator, he couldn't help but huff a bit at the thought of just sitting there and sorting out files — doing absolutely nothing.

He subconsciously raised a hand, his finger hovering over the number on which Chenle's apartment was located. He blinked, then shrugged. Someone would meet their "hyung" for breakfast, wouldn't they?

He paused, unsure of himself. He hadn't had friends in a while.

The bodyguards just about let him in, after he showed them a little note written by Chenle himself, signed and also with a little underlying code between the words that this was, in fact, him and that Jisung was no harm. Thanks to this note, he'd fallen asleep grinning with mirth. There really had never been an exterior attempt on this guy's life.

He shook it off and focused on the matter at hand, which was getting closer to Chenle and getting into that room that Chenle had been so nervous about earlier on.

Additionally, if he could figure out why Chenle had been so pissed yesterday that would be a particular achievement. Who knew? Maybe it would boost their "friendship".

Jisung raised his fist and offered three terse knuckle taps to the door. Chenle didn't open it for two minutes.

He appeared at the door, clutching a laptop and with another type of tiredness in his face. Jisung wanted to scrutinize him, but he blinked and it was gone. Jisung didn't imagine things. This guy was constantly hiding something.

Wait a minute. People usually said hello.

"Hello?"

Chenle loosed his grasp so that the laptop was being clutched by his side. "Hello?"

So this was what not knowing what you were meant to be doing felt like.

"I just wanted to... okay?" Jisung stopped when Chenle's eyes widened and he dashed into the apartment. He heard a door close roughly and his curiosity suddenly developed into a ravishing interest. Was that the same room he was wondering about?