sept

Whatever Jisung had expected of the event, it hadn't been this. He wasn't capable of imagining such wealth and novel tech around every corner. This wasn't a hotel, it was a building specifically for the purpose of showcasing the achievement of the rich.

The CEOs of successful companies were a kind of royalty, in and of themselves.

The only reason Jisung was taken aback was that he'd never been given the opportunity to steal from a place as prestigious as this. RFN had usually only taken from the usual, banks and the homes of the rich. The owners of the latter were never home anyway.

There was no point in robbing a hotel, because there were people in the front lobby constantly, and every visitor was awake until three AM, because fucking was so much more pleasurable on a bed that wasn't yours.

Chenle leaned over once they'd been in the hotel for a few minutes, handed in their invites and were being led to the area put aside for the occasion. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yes," replied Jisung, the breathlessness in his voice a little real, a little fake. It really was amazing what capitalism could achieve. "I am. Thank you for inviting me."

There were two burly looking guards in butler's attire (a strange combination) at the double doors that supposedly gave way to the hall. Jisung seriously wondered whether their arrival would be announced, wondered what they'd say if so, then internally scoffed and folded away the idea.

The next ten minutes weren't very interesting. They entered the hall, which contained less people than Jisung had expected, who clapped for Chenle upon his entrance and some of which who gave Jisung a bit of a strange look. Well, he hadn't been kicked out yet, so he was obviously meant to be here. Some champagne was immediately thrust into their hands, the glasses Jisung was sure would shatter if he pressed a little too hard on them.

"Have you drank before, Yoonso?" mumbled Chenle sideways, sending a few nods to some people Jisung believed he'd seen before online.

Jisung nodded immediately, believing Yoonso would have been drunk before, being nineteen years old. He then realised that he shouldn't have done that at all because he himself had never had the time for alcohol.

"Good, good," said Chenle. "I was worried you'd be uncomfortable. Truth is, you have to drink this."

Jisung's eyebrows furrowed. "Why?"

Chenle grinned. "Because it's my favourite." He then proceeded to tip back the glass and get another. When Jisung gawked at him, he shrugged sheepishly, "I'm not a light drinker."

Alcohol and drugs? This kid's wilding.

Jisung sipped from the glass, lips barely skimming the bubbling liquid. He forced himself not to recoil. So, that was alcohol. He took another sip when he noticed Chenle watching him. "It's really good," he supplied. "I don't get such nice champagne that often."

"I thought you'd like it!" Chenle smiled straight at Jisung, then thankfully turned around to run off to the man standing at the foot of a raised platform.

Jisung shook his head, thoughts muddled again, and focused on them both to realise that it was Bang Chan Chenle was talking to, the CEO of SKS. Jisung began walking around. Not everyone was talking to someone, so he looked perfectly normal. It was frustrating though, he knew everything about the merger and for no reason.

He swallowed the rest of the champagne and immediately went to get some more, lest Chenle catch him being idle. The flavour was also beginning to come out of the bitterness now, and he had to admit that it was quite nice. He took another.