Day after

It was the day after they had made love for the first time.

Sunlight filtered through the half-open blinds, creating a warm morning glow in the room. The musky scent of sweat and come permeated the air, the only remnants that remained of last night's activities. Lan Xichen, woken by the light hitting his face, slowly opened his eyes. Yawning, he glanced sleepily at the alarm clock placed on the bedside table. Six am. He sighed- work started at seven. Looking away from the bedside table, he glanced down at the sleeping figure curled up beside him. His lover, Jiang Cheng, was sleeping as peacefully as a baby, a light pink dusting his cheeks, his normally tight, tied up hair splayed out in messy waves. He looked defenseless, not nearly as aggressive as he did when he was awake. Lan Xichen admired him for a bit longer before remembering that he had work to get to.

He started to move, when suddenly he felt a pair of arms and legs cling to his waist. Lan Xichen turned his head slightly in surprise. His boyfriend had wrapped himself fully around him, like a human burrito. "...can't you stay a little longer?" mumbled Jiang Cheng into Lan Xichen's back, voice slightly muffled, his grip on Lan Xichen's waist and legs tightening.

"..."

Lan Xichen almost cried at how cute he was and was tempted to leap back into bed and cuddle with his boyfriend some more. Unfortunately, his priorities were calling out to him.

"I apologise,  Wanyin-I have to leave for work now (though I would rather stay with you). Please do not worry-we can continue in the evening," Lan Xichen smiled apologetically, prying Jiang Cheng's arms and legs off his body. Jiang Cheng frowned slightly. Seeing that Lan Xichen wasn't going to change his mind, he then swiftly turned his head to the side, his nose pointed in the air.

"Idiot."

Lan Xichen laughed lightly. His boyfriend was very stubborn, but that shyness and awkwardness just made him all the more lovable.

After quickly getting dressed, he walked back over to the bed, where Jiang Cheng had moved into a sitting position. The  darkly-coloured bedsheet was wrapped snugly around him, covering most of the bite marks, save for the ones on his neck. He looked absolutely delectable- Lan Xichen clenched his fists, once again attempting to restrain himself from jumping his boyfriend. Instead, he ruffled Jiang Cheng's hair, threading his fingers through the smooth and silky locks. He let his hand rest on his head a little longer than necessary, before trailing his fingers down to a thick strand of hair beside his face, kissing it softly. Jiang Cheng flushed brightly.

"I will be leaving now, Wanyin."

"...come back soon."

Lan Xichen beamed.

"Of course."