Chapter 1 : Healing

Rain POV (following the events of 'The Struggle')

I don't know whats wrong with me. Last I remember, I was fighting zombies with Abigail.

-------FLASHBACK-------

Some of the zombies looked like my friends, or people from the village, as though my friends had been bitten. Then, the bridge was blown up by the creeper. I heard Abigail screaming my name, telling me not to give in.

"ABIGAIL GET OUT OF HERE! GO SAVE YOURSELF!" I shrieked to her, pleading her to find somewhere to hide from this terror Herobrine, the Undead Commander, had brought upon us. I saw from the corner of my eye she hadn't moved, and was watching me. I realised I couldn't give up, I had to win this and get to her. I fought as hard as I could, but got caught off guard by a skeleton arrow. I fell immediately to the ground, groaning at the pain spreading through my body. End my suffering, I thought, please... Abigail started yelling to me, I can't quite remember what she said, everything became fuzzy, then darkness.

-------FLASHBACK ENDS-------

Azura POV

"He's stable, for now." I reassure my friends, glancing at Rain lying on the mat, a half-dead zombie. I guess I shouldn't call him that, I mean, he is technically a human, just with, well... zombie traits I suppose.

"That's good news. When will he be back to normal?" asked Patrick, the warrior who rescued Rain. He's also the Commander of the Frostbourne army.

"The curing will take around one and a half hours, tops, so you can come back then. I have to stay with him and make sure everything goes well." I reply. Patrick nods, picks up his helmet and leaves the roof, along with Theo and Daryll. where most of my 'appointments' take place. If you haven't already guessed, I'm the Frostbourne Clan's doctor. I'm also a total tech-geek, plus Patrick's adviser. So yes, I'm very important around here, not trying to brag or anything...

--Time Skip One And A Half Hours later--

Suddenly, I see Rain starting to shake. This is good! It means the healing is nearly over! I call to Patrick down the stairs, and he comes running up the steps three at a time. Bright light starts pulsing out of Rain's body, which was expected. We cover our ears and squeeze our eyes shut, as it was so loud and bright. Once the light is gone we open our eyes and see on the mat, Rain, sitting bolt upright. He looks at me and smiles a genuine smile. Patrick also gives me a nod of gratitude, plus a thin smile. He's known not to smile a lot, so that was the best it would get. Patrick walked calmly to Rain.

"Hey, how you feeling? Nice eye, by the way." He told him. Then I realised that one of Rain's eye's had gone a funny red kind of colour, and was emitting a dull white light, like Herobrine's eyes.

"I'm good, I guess. Thank you Azura." he thanked me.

"It's not a problem. That eye of yours is just a side effect, though I don't think it will be going away. There's also another side effect that might become a bit of a problem..." I trailed off, worried what Patrick would think of it.

"What's that?" Rain and Patrick asked in unison, clearly their interest was piqued.

"All your fighting memories will have gone. You'll have to train again. You might also prefer different weapons to what you used in the past." I answered quietly.

To be continued...