B U C K E T H A T (Lucas)

"Moooooom? Mom!" Y/N was running around her house, looking for her bucket hat

"Moooooom? Mom!" Y/N was running around her house, looking for her bucket hat. "Where's my bucket hat?" she screamed loudly, not knowing her mom was in the room next to hers.

"Geez Y/N, calm down! Which one do you need?" she sighed as she entered the room, clearly triggered by her daughter's weird behavior.

"The one that says 'Anti social social club'," she replied in a hurry, throwing her pillows and bed sheets on the floor to look in her bed (her room was quite messy).

"Didn't you leave it in the car last weekend?" her mom indicated, staring at her as Y/N stopped walking around and smiled wildly.

"Thank you, thank you mommy! I'm going to meet the new neighbors, i saw some kids playing outside and I'm pretty sure their parents are home!" she blurted out, before kissing her mom on the cheek and running down the stairs.

Her mom chuckled lightly at the sight, glancing out the window to see Y/N rushing to the car. That girl was something, alright?

Y/N closed the backseat door and leaned onto the car, inhaling and exhaling loudly. She was always nervous around strangers, for absolutely no reason. She clenched her hands tightly and decided that it was now or never.

As she walked in front of the house to knock on the door, she unconsciously looked up and her eyes locked with someone else's in the window. Her breath caught in her throat as she looked down at her feet and continued towards the red door. She hadn't seen much of the mysterious person, but it was enough to make her feel self conscious. Maybe they were staring at her hat and cringed at it. Oh god. She really hoped that her new neighbors wouldn't be rude and impolite.

She rang the doorbell and put her hands behind her back, practicing the sentences she would say in her head. The door opened a few seconds later, and a mid-age woman holding a box appeared on the porch, a smile on her lips. She was beautiful, and Y/N couldn't help but feel intimidated by her beauty. 'I'm really gonna be living next to a family of models, wow.'

"Can I um... help you with anything?" she asked Y/N, the grin plastered on her face not leaving once. She looked a bit confused to see her standing there.

"Uh... Actually I'm your neighbor. I live right next to you!" 'Yeah no shit Y/N.' "I just- I wanted- I saw your kids in the backyard earlier and I just wanted to introduce myself!" she breathed out, smiling at the lady. "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you!"

Y/N gave her a warm smile. The woman put the box down, as it looked quite heavy, and shook her hand. "I'm Jennifer Zumann, it's a pleasure to meet you too! I'm glad you came by, I was planning on going to your house later!" she responded, putting her hands on her hips to catch her breath. That box was definitely heavy.

"Do you... need any help with that box? It looks quite heavy!" Y/N asked. The woman looked relieved at the proposition and nodded her head slowly.

"It's terribly heavy! It needs to go upstairs but I'm afraid I won't be able to take it myself. Are you sure you'll be fine?" she questioned Y/N, concern written on her face.

Y/N reassured her and took the box in her arms. She quickly ran up a few stairs before turning around, realizing she didn't know where she was going.

"Where does this go Mrs Zumann?" Y/N asked nervously, thinking about that shadow she saw in the window a few moments earlier.

"Oh, it's Lucas's room. I don't know what he's doing, but he's the only one upstairs, so you'll know which room is his. Oh, and call me Jennifer."

When she got upstairs, she quickly looked around and noticed there was only one door that was closed, the one at the end of the hallway. The second she went to knock on it, she stopped herself, biting her bottom lip anxiously. She took a deep breath, raised her fist up for the second time and knocked lightly on the door.

"Go away. I don't wanna talk right now." The voice was deep, but soft. She turned around, ready to leave, before convincing herself to talk to the boy. Obviously he wasn't fine, and perhaps she could help him.

"I- I don't wanna bother you. I'm your neighbor, and-"

She was cut in the middle of her sentence when the door opened to reveal the most handsome boy she'd ever seen in her life. His hazel eyes met her E/C ones, and they admired each other for a little while, before the boy cleared his throat loudly.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scream at you like that. Come in." He moved to the side and took the box out of her hands, which Y/N gladly accepted.

His room was empty and full of boxes. His bed had been placed in the middle of the room, and a guitar laid on it.

"I'm Lucas by the way."

"And I'm Y/N. You seem... angry. Is everything alright? Of course, you don't have to tell me, we barely know each other, but if you ever need someone to talk to, I live right next to you so," she rambled, before blushing in embarrassment. He was making her feel weird inside, all warm and nervous. She felt butterflies in her stomach when she heard him laugh softly at her behavior.

"Thank you, really. You're quite cute when you ramble, you know?" Lucas smirked, discreetly looking her up and down. "I'm just mad at my parents for forcing me to move out of my old town. I don't know anyone here, it sucks. At least I know you now."

"Aww, poor baby, all alone in a new town," she joked, causing him to roll his eyes "No, but seriously, don't worry about it. You have all summer to visit before school starts. Hey, what school will you go to?"

"I'm homeschooled." Y/N's mouth dropped. What the hell was he, famous or something?

"Well, you lucky mother fucker. I'll have you know that I go to Y/S and its a shit hole. Other than that, it's pretty great actually."

Y/N was the queen of sarcasm, due to years of practice, and she hoped Lucas would understand her cynical jokes and remarks. Most of her friends didn't, which forced her to be boring and quiet when she was with them.
It seemed like he did because he laughed loudly at her statement.

"You think it's funny? You wanna switch lives with me, maybe?" she asked him, putting her fists on her hips in a "Karen" way. That only made him laugh more.

"Okay, I see how it is. If you can't even take me seriously, my presence isn't required anymore. Goodbye." She pretended to leave his room, an enormous grin reaching her lips as she did so. She felt a hand wrap around her right arm tightly, but didn't turn around just yet.

"Stay, please!" he begged her. He was probably giving her the worst face ever, and she had a soft spot for puppy eyes. She still didn't turn around.

"And why would I do that?" she questioned, actually curious about his answer. Truth is, she didn't wanna leave him. She felt like she could be with him every second of her life and never get bored of him.

"I... I wanted to show you my... My collection of bucket hats. I love yours by the way." Y/N turned around so fast Lucas's hand got ripped off her arm as he let out a 'ow'.

"Wait! You're telling me we've been here for a good 10 minutes and you still haven't shown me your collection? Well then, what are you still doing there. I need to see them," she told him excitedly. Never had she met someone who had an interest in bucket hats, except her grandma, which was quite odd.

"Well, maybe I should show them to you later. I don't really have time now- Ow!" he screeched as Y/N slapped his arm playfully. "Okay, okay, I guess I'll show them to you." He rolled his eyes and walked up to a box in his closet.

"I hate you, Mr Zoomann."

"You know you don't."