S Y M P H O N Y (Lucas)

Soulmate AU in which people can't hear music until they meet their soulmate.

Y/N was sitting in her bed, the sun shining through her window as she sighed softly

Y/N was sitting in her bed, the sun shining through her window as she sighed softly. The leaves in the tree in front of her house were brushing against each other lightly, creating a comforting sound.

For the longest time, Y/N had wondered what music sounded like. All her friends had tried to explain it to her, but it was like trying to explain to a blind person what it was like to see. Impossible.

She was the last one in her family to find her soulmate, even her little brother had found his soulmate before her, and he was 10. The seventeen year old girl hummed quietly, leaning her forehead against the cold window, her breath forming little clouds against it. She wished she had met her soulmate by now. She probably didn't even had one.

You're supposed to meet your soulmate before you're 14, or that's what books about love said. After that, you live happily ever after. What if Y/N never had that!

Feeling grumpy, she decided to leave the house with her mom to go to the mall. She needed to clear her thoughts, and what a better way to do so than to buy stuff.

When they got there, they noticed a small group of people gathered around what seemed to be a teenage boy, though Y/N couldn't really tell, because his back was facing her. His black curls were delightful to look at, and he wore a big green sweater that looked super comfortable. Y/N surprised herself thinking she'd want to wear that sweater, before quickly brushing it off.

He was probably famous, because the group of girls around him seemed pretty excited to meet him, taking selfies and asking for autographs. 'What a waste of time. If i'd meet someone famous, i'd talk to them and make the most of
it.'

It looked like the boy was getting tired of his fans, he was slowly backing away from them but couldn't find his way out. They were circling him.

Y/N then got an idea. She told her mom to go shop on her own for a little while. Once she was sure her mother was gone, Y/N walked up confidently to the guy. She still hadn't seen his face. She pushed her way through the group, earning disgusted looks from the "fans" and grabbed the boy's arm.

He turned around and the world seemed to go in slow motion. To say he was handsome would be an understatement. His long curls rested on his forehead, and his eyebrows were frown in confusion. She stopped breathing for a few seconds, and it seemed like the mysterious stranger did so too.

"Cmon babe. I'm done, we can leave now. We have to meet up with my parents in 5 minutes at the front entrance," Y/N hinted, looking deep in his hazel eyes and hoping the boy would understand what she was trying to do.

"Oh yeah, right. Sorry guys, I really have to go, it was nice meeting you," he addressed his fans, who groaned in annoyance. A second later, he grabbed Y/N's hand and intertwined their fingers, before gently kissing her knuckles.

"Sorry love. I missed your adorable face!" he chuckled, playing along with her. He was definitely grateful for what she had done, he was on the verge of having a panic attack from
all the attention he was getting.

Y/N rolled her eyes, but couldn't stop the smile that grew on her face as she kept walking away from the group.

Once they were out of sight, Y/N tried to slip her hand off of his, but Lucas (she had heard one of the brainless girl use his name) grabbed her hand once again.

"Sorry, your hand seems heavy, I just thought I should hold it for you," he said, winking at her with a smirk. "Anyway, what's your name? Or should I call you my savior?"

Y/N laughed softly. "The name's Y/N. But savior has a nice ring to it." She returned his wink, a blush creeping on her cheeks as she did so. She wasn't so bold usually.

"Well I'm Lucas, but you can call me anytime." Oh god. He was using the good old pickup lines.

"Lucas, you might have to stop using these, we're not in 2014 anymore. It's not gonna work."

"That blush on you cheeks says otherwise."

Y/N's cheeks turned crimson, and she looked down at the ground.

Lucas quickly took her chin in his other hand (the one that was available) and pulled it up to meet his eyes.

"I'm just messing with you. But thank you, for saving me back there. I was rea-"

He stopped mid-sentence, looking up. When Y/N tried to speak, he put one of his finger on her lips. She frowned, pouting at him, which made him chuckle a bit.

"Listen," he simply replied, starring into her eyes.

They both heard it at the same time. A soft sound, coming from god knows where in the mall. It was quiet, almost like a whisper, but they both heard it clearly.

They kept looking at each other, enjoying the new things they were both experiencing. After a few minutes, they smiled wildly, and Lucas' hand met her cheek and brushed it lightly. He looked at her in awe, almost as if she was an angel.

"My soulmate."

"My soulmate."