G O S T H B U S T E R S (Milo) 2

It had been three months since they had moved in

It had been three months since they had moved in. Y/N had grown closer than ever to Milo, and had met the other kids who'd once been the Bughuul's puppets, but were now out of his grip, still stuck in the house. In fact, as her father explained to her, the children were still cursed, making it impossible for them to leave. As Y/N's parents tried everyday to find a way to free them, she had more than enough time to learn everything there was to know about the malefic demon. Her newfound friends even showed her a picture of It, leaving her crying of laughter on the ground. It looked ridiculous.

It was on a beautiful Sunday morning that things took a certain turn, but not for the better. Y/N and Milo were laying in the garden, the boy reading a book while his girlfriend laid her head on his lap, gazing at the sky in amazement. A butterfly came flying towards them, and decided to rest on the girl's finger, taking in the scent of the lilas she was holding. Y/N found herself staring at the little insect, its colourful wings reflecting the sun and shining rays of orange and black on her face.

Milo interrupted his reading, glancing down at her face in admiration. He moved his free hand towards her figure and brushed off a piece of hair behind her ear, which encouraged Y/N to look into his eyes. The butterfly, caught off guard by her hand's movement, flew away, reaching the tree above their heads before getting out of sight.

Y/N smiled, and secretly hoped the could stay in that position forever, enjoying each other's presence in silence. After a few minutes, she sat up, only to be able to reach his lips. Milo, who'd gone back to his reading, smiled into the kiss before putting his book down and cupping her face with his hand. She tangled her fingers in his hair, twisting a curl around her pinky as she sat closer to him, resting on his lap. She shifted her hand from his waist to his neck. In response, Milo stroked her cheek with his thumb and let his other hand rest on her lower back.

They were just two teenager, completely and utterly in love with each other, who tried to appreciate every moment they could have together, for they didn't know how long it would last.

That's when they heard the scream. The scream that would haunt Y/N nightmares every night after the incident. The scream that imprinted itself in her brain, a sound she would forever remember.

Her mother let out the loudest cry, coming from a certain distance. Y/N instantly jumped on her feet and started racing to her house, her legs barely supporting her as she ran faster than she'd ever ran.

Never in her life had one of her parents screamed like that. It was a mix of absolute terror and astonishment that echoed in Y/N head that day, and it frightened her. She reached the porch, swung open the door and screeched her mother's name throughout the house. A faint sound escaped from the basement, but before she could take another step, a tight grip stopped her in her tracks. Milo was holding her arm, his hand slightly shaking as he anxiously looked at her and turned her chin, forcing her to stare into his eyes.