Prologue 5. Peace interrupted.

''Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.''

- Marilyn Monroe

I smiled as I thought of the last six months have been nothing but pure total bliss. I'm so grateful that I had given my virginity to Dom, I felt so attune with myself, but with Dominic as well. The bond between us had strengthened considerably. That night that I gave myself wholly to Dom, made us connect even more to each other. I thank God every single day for giving me someone like Dom, who respected me, but loved me, listened to what I had to say. He was everything I ever wanted.

In some begrudging way I thank my parents for forcing me to that party. Otherwise I would have never met Dom. His parents still threw those damn parties but they weren't that bad. Not when I was staring into Dom's eyes and dancing the night away.

Shortly after that night we had mated, there was a shooting star. I recalled that night so clearly.

Look! Look! It's a shooting star'' I said excitingly. Finally I could make a wish just this last time. ''I can see'' replied Dom chuckling at my reaction. ''Well then, close your eyes'' as Dom said this I complied with his order. I closed my eyes. ''And make a wish'' whispered Dom drawing me in closer to him, by back to his front. I snuggled deeper into his warmth. We were in front of his huge windows; they were both open, letting in the chill.

I loved Dom's room; it was simple but elegant just like him. When you entered on your left there was a room which looked like a mini living room. Inside was two Lima sofas backed against the wall. In front of the sofas were a plasma TV, hooked to that looked to be a Ps 2. It looked rather cosy; I wondered if his mother decorated it or him.

Onto right was Dominic huge bed, it was also backed against the wall. The walls were black with liver lining. He had a walk in closet on the right side of his bed. When we lay in bed after we had mated, Dominic gently but firmly said that after tonight I would be moving in with him. I informed him rather hysterically that I needed to pack and I neededAngie, putting emphasis on needed. When he asked why I needed this mysterious Angie, he sounded jealous I noted. I didn't have much time to pond over that as I went into further explanation in to why I needed Angie. The answer simple his stupid pillows were too damn hard and Angie was just right as she was not too hard and not to soft just right I thought dreamily.

As I thought of my beloved pillow I thought of all the tough times we had been together. I was I interrupted from flashbacks by Dom asking me if I had made a wish. ''Yup I have now'' I replied to Dom and looked up to the night and thanked my lucky stars once again for giving such a wonderful person to spend my life with.

I had everything I ever wanted.

I finally had my happily ever after, But why did I feel as if a black cloud was going descend onto my sunny paradise.

***

I drew circles on Dominic's chest. After our love making we watched the sun go down. I sighed; I've never felt so content, so peaceful. I looked up to Dominic, he was snoring softly and he had this adorable face on, it was so cute. I kissed his chest, on top of a tattoo; it was a shield with two swords criss-crossing and there seemed to be writing, Latin, but I couldn't be sure.

''You know I love you'' said Dominic. I looked up at him shocked I hadn't realised that he was awake. ''Yeah, But I'd like if you told me more'' I said chuckling. He kissed my nose and kissed my gently and said ''But why would I say it, when I could express it'' he kissed me passionately, drawing the breaths from my lungs.

I sucked in air and replied ''you know I think I'll go with that option you just displaced ''.

''Oh baby, if you wanted all you had to was ask'' said Dominic his voice was low and husky and sexy as hell.

I resisted the urge to fan my flushed face with my hand instead giggled. I was interrupted by a sharp angry knocks and Paul's angry voice travelled from the other side to our ears ''Dominic and Adrienne meet me in the living room in 10 minutes. That should be enough time to shower and get ready. 10 minutes that's all'' Paul barked.

Dominic and me exchanged looks and hopped in to the shower. When I came out Dominic was ready in a tight fitted black t-shirt which showed off all his various tattoos and denim jeans finished with black blazes. I rolled my eyes at his colour co- ordination; seriously he was such a girl.

''Baby, I thought we worked it out that I'm not a girl'' he said I could feel his breath on my nape ''But if you want to, I'll happily demonstrate again'' he said wrapping his arms around me. I knew were this 'discussion 'was going to lead if not by the dead giveaway of his husky voice it was his obvious arousal pressing into back. Being in a small towel, naked underneath this would not be good for neither for us if Paul came barrelling upstairs.

''Dominic, stop''

I felt him tense ''You don't want me'' he whispered. He sounded so...broken.

I turned and slapped hard across the chest taking him surprise. ''No I do want you every day, every hour, every minute and every damn second. Don't ever think otherwise'' I grabbed his face and gave a quick passionate kiss.

''Now leave me alone'' I said and made shooing motion with both of my hands. Dom smirked and blew me a kiss. I shook my head I was afraid I had boosted his ego and by the way he was walking I definitely had. Jesus Christ, that man.

''Baby don't say Jesus Christ otherwise Jesus is going to smack you'' he warned as his voice vibrated in my head. I rolled my eyes.

''No he won't and go away'' I said exasperated. I picked a Gilly Hicks deep red jumper, leggings and black and red vans and quickly put them on.

''I'm ready, let's go'' I announced to Dom who was watching the film 'Think like a man' on the plasma TV. I stepped into the room an looked at Dom. He looked at me smiled, I went over to him sat on his lap and gave him a brief kiss and cuddled with him. The feeling that I had felt when were watching the stars hit me like a ton of bricks, it felt like I was drowning in sorrow. I hugged Dom tighter, cherishing the feel of him and pulled him to get up.

As we neared the door, I took one last look around the room I called mine and sighed deeply and walked downstairs to my nearing doom.

**

We walked hand in hand to living room where to both our families where waiting. I noted my father standing in the corner looking angry his sliver-blue eyes blazing. In all my 14 years I had never, ever seen my father angry, it was so strange.

''Well you took your time'' Paul grumbled.

''What are you guys doing here?'' I aimed the question at my family.

''Well...as you see were all here for a very important matter concerning both of you'' my fathered replied to my question while looking at me, his blazing eyes.

''What matter?'' questioned Dominic.

''This matter'' said Paul while throwing a stack of photos onto the coffee table.

''What the Fuck'' growled Dominic while grabbing a photo. He obscured my view from picture. When Dominic turned, his eyes where stormy grey and they were directed straight at me.

I flinch slightly but stopped immediately after I realised what I was doing and narrowed my eyes. He shoved the photos into my chest, I grabbed them before they fell and took a good look at these photos that had my mate angry. I felt my eyes widen as I looked over the 5-6 pictures all of me with random men that I had never met in my life. Couple of them with me in compromising positions another me kissing a tall dark haired man passionately.

''I...don't know what to say other than these bloody pictures are fake. I have never ever seen these men in my life'' I said irritated while pointing my index finger in his face ''I'm your mate Dominic, even if I had cheated you would know. You know the stories our mother told us, the pain, everything you would know'' I whispered desperately trying for Dominic to believe me.

He started chuckling; it was a sinister, freaky laugh. ''THEIR STORIES ADRIENNE. STORIES. I can't believe it'' he screamed the words piercing my heart, but for him not to support me, not to believe me. Only cut the knife deeper.

I looked at him, tears pooling in my eyes. It took everything for me to rein in my emotions in and not let any weakness show.

Just then Dominic broke down dropping on his knees, sobbing. I felt the tears streaming down my face. Right now I didn't care who saw me crying, to see my mate, looking defenceless so vulnerable made me cover my mouth to hide the sobs raking through my body.

I ignored everything and focused solely on Dominic. He needed me; I caused this, so know I need to fix it. I walked slowly to Dom and dropped onto my knees next to him and put my hands around him. But when I did I was pushed away, I looked up shocked .I couldn't believe that he pushed me away; he had never rejected my support or comfort. He always let me comfort him, I was his mate.

''We've come to decision'' Paul voice vibrated through the room. I instantly tensed up at the news, I knew as Dominic was sobbing his father probably spoke to him through his link. I bit my lip, I was so nervous as to what the verdict was.

''We can't afford for these pictures to be leaked to the media or that the future alpha female was cheating on her mate'' Paul's angry voice pulled me from Domini.

Dominic walked up to but stopped short a couple feet away from me and spoke in void tone his voice held no emotions, and I knew I just knew what Dominic was about to say.

''I Dominic Castellanos reject you, Adrienne Diamond''. I blinked back the tears and took an unconscious step back. ''NO! Please Dominic, you can't. Please I beg off you. You can't do this we've mated; the connection won't ever go away you know this. Please Dominic, What do I have to prove that I only love you'' my voice cracked at the end of my speech. During my speech, I had walked up to Dominic and held onto and sobbed into his shirt.

Dominic pulled me off him and spoke in that void tone again ''Adrienne you have a minute, to get out my house this instant''. ''Do you hear me''. He shook me as he spoke and turned his back on me as if it was hard to see me walk away. Which it obviously was, if roles were reversed I don't think I could ever watch him walk away from me.

''No! I've nothing wrong.'' I spoke with such calm, that I never knew I had. ''Paul your ex-military, a seal you have to see that those damn photos are fake'' I said desperately. I hope that Paul would be on my side, seeing he always favoured me than others. But when I looked at his face... the steely grey eyes, the firm line of his mouth. There was no way he was backing me on this on.

I was snapped out of my turmoil by hand roughly dragging me to the front door. I tried to stop my feet but it didn't work, I was still being dragged. I then turned to my last weapon, screaming.

''DAD! PLEASE. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!'' I screamed at my Father hoping he would heed my plea. I looked at him, tears streaming down face. ''Please Dad. I'm innocent, I swear. Please'' I said brokenly to my dad, begging him with eyes and my mouth to believe me.

''Liam?'' I said looking at him hopefully. Hope that he would believe me. I was met with twin turning his back and shaking his head. I looked at him incredulously, not believing my eyes. My twin, my own flesh and blood had turned me away.

''Liam'' called out Camille. I looked at her surprised; I had forgotten that everyone was here. ''Please, don't tell me your going to turn your back on your twin'' she said her voice shocked.

''Please Cam. This isn't our matter of affair to stick our noses in'' he answered back angry.

I couldn't hear further of their conversation as Liam pulled Cam to another room. ''Come on'' Dominic said gruffly. Just as we were nearing the door. Dr Greene entered while smiling ''Congratulations, Alpha. It wasn't the flu, like I suspected but I had to do some tests to be sure. But I'm very sure. Your mate is pregnant'' she announced. I could feel the blood draining from my face and I suddenly felt nausea. Dr Greene not realising our shock continued. ''My estimation shows that your little buggers were probably conceived 2 months ago when your mate had her last heat'' she rambled. I took a deep breath as my brain processed this new information. 2 months ago was my last heat, Dominic had taken a trip after my heat finished.

''Buggers,as in plural. You mean there are two?'' Dominic questioned while rubbing his eyes wearily.

''Well yes'' answered Dr Greene while looking back and forth at everyone, she was confused and to be honest I was to.

''This makes everything every worse, Twins. Two bastards'' shouted Paul, his face was a mixed emotion but the strongest.

Anger

Dominic was furious and in that split second he made a decision. I saw his stormy eyes gleam with determination and I feared the children just fuelled his vengeance for something that didn't exist. I knew right now that in his eyes I was the enemy. It only made my cries harder, knowing that my children will never know their dad or grandparents. Knowing that I was a minute away of being truly alone.

Dominic roughly grabbed my forearm and pulled me to the door and through me out of the one home that I truly considered my own.

I was instantly at the door, banging on it. ''Dominic, please these children are yours. I swear, I've never cheated on you. Please. Open the door'' I said while tears continued to stream down my face.

I don't know how long I stayed there, palms pressed against the wooden door. I felt the chill of the night through my jumper, I suddenly felt so old than my 14 years. I was so tired, I needed a plan. First I needed somewhere to crash for the night, but I knew my father probably ordered everyone in the pack to turn me away if I came to their doorstep I thought bitterly.

What life could I give my children, when I have no one? I'm broke and homeless. No one would ever hire me now, I'd be lucky to even get a job.

I couldn't stay here and keep begging. I chuckled bitterly; no one was going to save me. I walked down a path that led into the woods. I'd walk to the next town over and see if there are any jobs available. I'll walk into human form and rest in wolf. I felt my wolf distress, she agreed with the plan. From now it'll be just us.

As I walked past the trees, I thought of my future. I closed my eyes against the assault of tears. It wasn't supposed to be like this. When I got pregnant, my mate, Dominic would be by my side.

My wolf was on high alert; while I rested she would be on watch. It made me feel better knowing she wasn't wallowing in sorrow but being supportive and giving her opinion. I was grateful for her comfort.

I took of my clothes and folded them neatly before shifting. I laid down while my wolf took on watch duty.

**

I watched the sunrise, it was so beautiful. I suspected it was 5 or 6. I was dressed and ready to walk. I heard a sound it was the light thump of a heartbeat. There were so many, I counted six but I couldn't be sure. My wolf was cautious; she was silent like she was communicating with the strangers. No doubt she was, probably alerting them that we were no danger unless provoked.

They stepped out the tress, they were 7 of them. Dressed in some kind of uniform. I frowned, what were they doing here. Deep in the woods.

One of them stepped forward, he seemed like the leader. It was there in his attitude, his body. I was still in shock about what happened. But when I came out of the shock, I was hit with the power of an Alpha. Not just one but seven.

Seven Alphas's working together and by the way it looked it seemed like they cared about each other. But it was hard to read them; they must have good training to show no emotions. To switch it all off and go on instinct.

''Were not going to hurt, you have our word. We've been tracking you for some time. We really need to talk to you and explain some things'' he said.

I hesitated; I didn't know if I could trust them. They'd given me there honour but I was scared shitless. You can't blame me; it's not every day I get practically hunted. My wolf gave her opinion, she said to trust them.

In the end, these men made my wolf relax and warm up to instantly. If she, my unofficial bodyguard trusts them so then so do I.

I walked up to them; most of them were going straight somewhere. I was so caught up with staring at them, I hadn't realised it was just me and 'the leader'. I looked at him; he had green eyes that glowed. He had a muscular build and was a foot taller than me.

He smiled; it made me feel at ease. I felt so...safe. ''Come on we'll introduce ourselves later, you must be starving. We saw you didn't hunt'' he said his eyes holding concern.

I gave him a small smile. ''Yeah, I wasn't really in the mood, to go all gory and gruesome'' I said.

''Yup I definitely feel the same. Come let's catch up with the guys. Our base is straight ahead'' he said while he took long strides.

I caught up with him, when I took a look around. I was amazed by the tents like houses and a fire roaring in the middle of the tents. The was surrounded by the guys in lawn chairs and wooden logs.

I walked slowly to the guys, taking everything in. There was a vacant seat near a guy with a jagged scar running from his left eye to his mouth. It made him look more mysterious and added to the ruggedly look. He eyes were so dark, they reminded of a black panther's pelt. He was also built; when I took I look around the guys. They were all built and tall.

I took the vacant seat next to him. I gave him a small smile, not sure which angle to approach him from. It seemed it was my lucky day, 'the leader' had returned from one of the tents.

He handed me plate of sausages, toast, bacon and eggs. It smelled heavenly; I broke some bacon off and bit into it. It tasted so sweet and succulent. When had bacon tasted so good? It must be my pregnancy hormones kicking in.

'The leader' sat down next to me. ''Tastes that good huh?'' he said and started to chuckle at my nod.

''Well my name is Alexander, but you can call me Alex and I'm the captain in charge'' he said.

''Are you part of like a special force unit or something?'' I asked curiously.

He nodded ''the guys will introduce themselves''. At his nod, the guy next to me started.

''Hey my name is Adam, and I'm Alex's second in command or second in command lieutenant. And it's a pleasure to meet you'' he said in a southern accent.

The men all continued to introduce me. After Adam had introduced himself, next was Marcus. He had eyes so lethal and dangerous I was afraid he was going to kill me with those unusual violet eyes. After Marcus, it was Bradley. He couldn't stop flirting for a minute. Then it was the twins Reno and Zeno, twins that couldn't stop cracking jokes it even made Marcus crack a smile. Lastly it was Cain; he said hi and then went back to slugging down shots.

I furrowed my eyebrows, what was wrong with him.

I looked at Alex, ''His mate died, 2 weeks ago. It hit him hard'' he said sadly while looking at the ground. I sucked in a deep breath; I couldn't even imagine how it would feel to lose Dominic. I shook my head; I'd already lost him anyway.

said sadly while looking at the ground. I sucked in a deep breath; I couldn't even imagine how it would feel to lose Dominic. I shook my head; I'd already lost him anyway.

''Oh, I'm not going to say sorry. Because the honest-to-god truth is, she'd want you to be happy.'' I waved my hand at the shots, displaying my obvious displeasure at the strong alcohol. ''Not slowly killing yourself.''

Cain looked at me with eyes that held so much sorrow and hurt that it overwhelmed me. He covered his head with his hands and sobbed into them. I looked wearily at Alex, the obvious question hanging in the air. What should we do?

He shrugged, looking helplessly at Cain. I looked around the circle, all the men looked uncomfortable or upset. These men were such pussy's. I would have to my job on the part of all women all around the world. I walked closer to Cain, and moved closer until I was shoulder to thigh with him. I wrapped my arms around him and let him cry on my shoulder. His crying, must have set off my sensitive hormones and we both cried for something we lost.

Our mates.

I let him babble on about his mate, Chloe. While we both comforted each other for something we could never get back.

After some time, I felt Cain slump on my shoulder. The heavy weight pressing down on me. I felt more than saw Bradley and Marcus come and get Cain from me. Since Cain's muscular build obscured my vision of seeing practically anything. I watched as they wrapped Cain's arm around their shoulders to support his weight and take him to one of the many tents.

The alcohol and the cry out must have taken its toll on him. And by the dark bags under his eyes, I knew he wasn't sleeping well.

I looked across at Alex, we seriously needed to have a talk on who told him to follow me and why.

A few minutes passed, no one spoke. So I decided I needed answers and I needed them now.

I narrowed my eyes at him bombarded him with my question 'Why did you follow me? Wait. Are you a stalker because if you are I know martial arts.

Alex sighed, while rubbing his growing stubble. ''You know of the supernatural council. Right'' he said but at my confused expression he sighed.

''I've heard stories. I mean... I never truly believed they were real''

''Well they are. Supernatural beings brought together to find solutions for delicate cases. Such as your own''

I frowned, my own. What the hell!

''What do you mean?'' I asked my frustration obvious and patience wearing thin.

''We were informed by an anonymous tip. That a mated girl, who bears the mark of her mate, was rejected for a misunderstanding. But before we continue. Answer truthfully. Did you cheat on your mate?'' he said sympathy and sincerity in his eyes.

''No. I love him. There was no other than him. No one'' I whispered while I blinked away the tears.

''Okay, that's good. We all work for the supernatural Council as I was saying previously they handle rare cases that cannot under any circumstance go viral. Do you understand?''

At my nod, he continued. ''The Council has only ever handled a case like yours about 300 years ago and the other only a couple of years ago. What you need to understand, Adrienne that you are a very special person and everyone will seek you out.''

''So...your here to babysit me?'' I said irritated.

''Not exactly. Just protect you and your children. That is all.''

''I'm so confused''

''I know, I will try to explain everything''

I watched him through bleary eyes, I was tired but in no way was I going to sleep.

''The first case, was exactly like yours. The man mated and marked his mate but shortly cheated on her. Within minutes that he entered the other female. His mate was hit with high doses of pain. Stating from her mark and slowly making its way to her body. In result to this, her body was paralysed. Her heart nearly failed, from the strain it was taking. But also when the Council interviewed her about her experience she said she felt as if she being stabbed in the heart. She had marks on her chest, from trying to rip her heart out'' he said while his face was strained.

''Did she eventually die?'' I asked out of curiosity.

''Yes, but of old age. Her mate cheated so many times that the pain just numbed. But she died of a broken heart. Her mate was found guilty of attempted murder.''

As he said this my mind took off on all sorts of gruesome things. Would this happen to me? Would I die of a broken heart? Would I be able to survive?

I stopped my train of thought. I couldn't deal with this now, but I'd deal with it later.

''And the other case. Was it similar?''

''Yeah... exactly the same'' he whispered. He mind seemed preoccupied.

''Do you know who it was''

''Yup.'' He said.

I waited for him to continue. This subject seemed personal to him. So, for now I would be patient.

''It was me''

***

After, Alex dropped the bombshell, he ordered us to all go sleep but I think the order was more directed at me. I recalled his earlier words ' it's not just you now Adrienne'.

I rolled over for the millionth time, I couldn't sleep. My curiosity eating at me. So I decide to pay Alex a visit and get some answers to rest my curiosity.

I entered his tent, he was sitting down near a small fire, nursing a small glass of brandy.

''Alex'' I said hesitantly.

He chuckled " I was wondering when you were going to get up and ask me" he said while smiling bitterly.

It pained my wolf and I, at the grief pouring off him. It wasn't right, for him to act strong but hide his hurt from the people that cared about him the most.

"I met her, my mate, Laural. I was twenty at the time, and deeply in love. I was a fool. Everyone warned me, she never stuck with a man long enough. But I brushed everyone off as jealous. But one night i felt intense pain, that I found myself paralysed, unable to move or to even scream out my anguish. That night was the night, I nearly killed myself. Ripping my heart. The pain so unimaginable that I blacked out for most of the time. But the pain, ripped my heart and squeezed, cut it to small pieces. Shortly after, the incident I was visited by a member of the Counicil myself. I was offered a once in a life time job and I took it. And here I am now."

"Yes here you are now, successful, kindhearted and absouloutely amazing.

He smiled, but shook his head. " I have a question, will this happen to me?" I said. My heat dropping to the pit of my stomachs at his answer.

"Yes, we'll have to extra careful. And especially vigilant, but the babies will also be danger, so we will have a doctor on site always. We don't know how your body will react to the weakening of the bond. Also the..." Ales seemed loses at words to call the cheating. Truthfully neither did I.

"Now I have a important question. Will you join the force, to protect the exsistence of the Council and make sure what happened to me and you will never be repeated ever again.""

I knew my answer, it was hell yeah. To make sure, no other female ever feels the loniless that I feel or the abandonment .

I nodded, I felt and my wolf felt safe with theses men and trusted them. They were like my brothers, just better looking and they had a much bigger heart.

"Fantastic, I will inform the council of the new member. I promise, Adrienne. You will not regret this, ever" he said while lifting be up and swi gong me around in a full circle while we both chuckled.

We were a family, all of us. Just us.

------

Sorry for the wait. Tell me what you think on Alex.

Comment

Fan

Vote