Chapter 5

(Reader Discretion Advised)

Getting settled was the most difficult part of being in a home, going from point A to point B was pretty much ingrained, and the possibility of being discovered still loomed in the air.

Isaac was antsy at times about staying in the same place, and skulked around the area often for potential danger. Yet, everything seemed so calm, like the two of them just doesn't seem to exist or cause a panic - everyone just went about their daily lives. It felt so weird, there was no need to look over his shoulder, or prepare his scythe to attack any nosey or threatening figures, for once, he felt at ease. Rachel took a while to adjust as well, the only time she ever had to wander and scope the area, was where all the grocery stores here, as well as other shops for necessities they needed. The two still had their surplus of money they acquired from mugging, and since she was given the okay by Zack, the woman finally decided to start on her garden.

It started off as a small bed of flowers, Zack watched as she adorned one side of their home with a small flower garden, she even picked up a couple of magazines to look up designs, while also planning how to expand it, or what plants would go with what. He's never seen her so passionate about something before, aside from her past hobby of sewing. It looked like she'd prefer to make something truly beautiful to be hers, and it in turn would have benefited from her efforts.

The various plant life reminded Zack of Eddie's floor, and that odd little garden that went with his drab cemetery. With Ray's personal touch, there was more life than death in her own garden.

It took the pair about a week to finally settle down, and treat the home as theirs. Zack did take Ray's teachings into heart on how to actually take care of one's personal space, so when chores were done, it was often done with teamwork.

As Rachel was setting up a space to relax outside, she glanced in the direction that led to the suburbs, and reflected how calm the area was. They didn't even know who resided with them now, nor did it seem like they cared. They were just another person like the rest of them.

An idea came to mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Ehh? You want to do what now?"

Rachel had approached Zack, it was clear on her face that she had a proposition in mind.

"A date...just you and me."

"...Uh...what's a date?"

Even though they're together now, it's clear that Zack was still trying to wrap his head around what to do exactly in a relationship. Ray quietly thought to herself, as she tried to summarize what a date really was. Then a simple cliche sparked in her head.

"You watched a lot of horror flicks, right?"

"Yeah?"

"You know the typical scenario which the killer comes in?"

Isaac poked at his memories in the back of his mind, he knows ever movie had some sort of cliche, but there was so many he has to pick apart. The very first scene in which the killer approaches on his prey - a couple off alone to their own devices.

"Eh?" Zack grunts, "Yer' askin' to sneak off in the middle of nowhere?"

"Well, yes and no..." Ray said. "I mean, instead of the killer finding us, I'm going with the killer. Plus, I feel kind of at home here. No one ever speaks of us anymore, and we just seem to fade into the crowd. Maybe we can both go out and enjoy ourselves."