Chapter 7

During the next few weeks, Zack has been tending to Rachel for certain, though simple tasks. Lately she has been feeling more tired and weak than usual. He didn't mind aiding her, but seeing her in that state did worry him, was this normal or was it not? Isaac would spend time reading through the pamphlet or Rachel's books to try to get some information regarding her health during pregnancy. He juggled between the books she picked up during his own share of research, as well as the health books used during her period of education.

"Fuck, I prolly should've taken that old fart on his offer..." Zack muttered to himself. "Hm...then again, I'd probably snooze the whole thing away..."

A couple months passed, Isaac noticed the physical changes in his wife, she had gotten much curvier - something he found very alluring, but he can also see the growing baby bump within her stomach. Sometimes, Zack couldn't resist the need to just hold her close, even run his hands along her swollen belly. It's hard to explain why, but there was some glow about her that just attracts him like a magnet. Not to mention, the loose and flowy garments of her maternity clothing, it just adds fuel to the fire.

As the man was tenderly caressing the woman's belly, his lips ghosted against her neck. As tempted as he was, Zack was still very curious about what was going on physically.

"Is this how big it gets?" Zack asks.

"It'll get bigger...the child is still growing."

"...It doesn't hurt...does it?"

"I feel a little heavy, but I'm fine, don't worry..." Ray softly whispered.

"Alright...if ya' say so."

Aside from the physical changes during pregnancy, there was an aspect that weirded Zack out - the cravings. He was not prepared for the strange mixture of culinaries that could be conjured and considered delicious to the woman; and he used to mix Froot Loops and Cola together!

Rachel also made sure to do regular check-ups with the clinic, ensuring that growth of the child was continuing as normal, with no possibilities of complications. There was also needed vitamins and supplements for her health as well as the developing child. Though, over the passing time, it became clear that walking over there became too much to do alone, so Zack would aid her on the walk. Plus, he did want to learn if everything was going alright, and what he could do if anything did end up out of the ordinary.

Pregnancy wasn't without its source of stress though.

The weakness Ray felt sometimes came with short fainting spells, with Zack quickly catching her in a panic. Carrying another life inside of her was much more draining than she thought. It often worried her husband, but Rachel let him know that she was just fine, just a little more tired than usual.

The stress wasn't entirely physical though. Last night, Rachel was restless. The usual dreams she once had, were slowly starting to contort into nightmares.

It's the same scenario as before, Rachel felt like she was in a void of sorts, but at the same time, presented before a trial, with two familiar people in her life - the two people that brought her into this world, but also the very same people that made her into the tormented soul she used to be. Though, something about them changed, she can recognize their presence for sure, but their faces were an unnatural blur.

"Well look at you, living your happily ever after..." her mother said in a venomous tone.

"With a serial killer...pathetic..." her father finished. "You really are a freak - a psycho. The only people you can associate with are other lunatics. It's like you two are made for each other, right? You little hell spawn..."