over the edge | angst

𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼. 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓯𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭.

°°°

"we're all goners if there's no home, and residents to isolation if there's no one," she spoke softly as she anxiously twirled her charcoal-coated hair. her breath was ragged and she tugged at the hem of her shirt relentlessly, unable to contain her nervousness. it was tearing her inside and out, just speaking to these people.

they all clapped simultaneously, which increased the scenery's ingenuity, and she hated that. she hated all of it.

"very nice, reiko. how's your situation improved or worsened?" the gatherer inquired, clasping her hands over the ravenette's.

her heartbeat's pace accelerated tenfold. this was the worst part of every meeting.

"well, uh, i think everyone's treating me well. i feel eyes on me sometimes 'cause of my hair, or maybe i'll just feel the barrier of awkwardness between my friends and i, but i'm good," she lied, smiling as if this was all true. the leader nodded curtly.

"sounds fantastic! let me know if you want any more help; i'm here for you all day, every day! hehe!" she snickered smugly at her optimism, and the ravenette shrugged her shoulders cutely.

pft. of course, she dreams she could be that happy. but, you see, things just despise going her way. it's like magnetism or something.

"i-i'll see you at the next meeting," she stood up and waved politely.

"actually, i'm giving birth by then. also, i'll be on maternity leave. but you can always call me, even during labor! i'm always willing to help a friend!"

her heart felt stabbed by those words. the memories were coming back.

𝒍
   𝒆
𝒕
  '
    𝒔

       𝒔
𝒕
      𝒂
   𝒚

𝒇    𝒓    𝒊    𝒆    𝒏    𝒅    𝒔

"o-okay. b-b-bye," she dismissed herself and exited the room before running out of the building. once she reached the outside of the building, and collapsed onto the ground. she bursted into tears and began sobbing uncontrollably.

this was nothing new. she always broke down after meetings, but this time she was particularly close to being caught.

which, could never happen. ever.

°

𝕟𝕠 𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕔𝕒𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕫𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕕!