01.|| 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣'𝕤 𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖

OUR STORY IS ABOUT a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world. Safe. Decent. Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale.

And our story begins, I guess, with what the Blossom twins did this summer. On the fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride. The next thing we know happened for sure is that Dilton Dooiley, who was leading Riverdale's Boy Scout Troop on a bird watching expedition, came upon Cheryl by the Rivers edge.

Riverdale Police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it. So a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket and Jason's death was ruled an accident, as the story Cheryl told made the rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reasoned down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat, and panicked, and drowned.

As for us, we were still talking about the "July Fourth Tragedy" on the last day of summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town and everyone's favorite blonde, Bryce Andrews, returned to the very town her mother despised all becasue of Bryce's father.

🔆🔆🔆

A FAMILIAR BLONDE stood on the front porch of the house that belonged to Fred and Archie Andrews. Even though her Uncle and cousin knew that she would be arriving to the house late at night, she was still nervous to knock on the door or even ring the doorbell. It has been two years since the teenage girl had even stepped foot into Riverdale after her mother had decided that it was a good time for them to leave the small town in which they has spent basically their whole lives in.

Just as she went to knock on the door, it swung open so that Bryce Andrews came face to face with her Uncle, "Were you planning on staying outside the whole time?"

Bryce chuckled, stepping forward and wrapping her arms around the neck of her Uncle, "I was thinking about it."

Fred Andrews let out a laugh, "Come on. Put your bags in your room."

"Where's Archie?" Bryce questioned, usually Archie being the first person to want to greet his cousin, as she brought her bags into the house.

"Archie is at Pop's with Betty." Fred told her, "And I think Beau is working there tonight."

"Why did you look at me like that when you said his name?" The blonde raised an eyebrow at her Uncle.

"Because, a blind person could see how much the two of you love each other." Fred said, giving her another look, "You can borrow the truck and go see them if you want."

"I have my own car, Uncle Fred." Bryce laughed, "Plus, I need to get these in my room."

"I can put them in there for you." Fred told his niece, "Just go reunite with your cousin and they guy your in love with."

"Not in love with him!" Bryce called, making her way back towards the front door.

"You're in denial!" Fred called back just as the front door closed shut, "She's so in love with him."

🔆🔆🔆

The bell above the door in Pop's rung as the door opened and hit it, signalling that someone had walked into the small little dinner. Everyone loved going into Pop's, it was basically the hangout spot for teens that were getting away from their crazy ass parents, or were just hanging out with their friends.

"I'd love to hear your song's sometime." Betty Cooper's voice flowed through Bryce's ears as she looked around for the familiar head of red hair that belonged to her cousin.