09.|| 𝕗𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣, 𝕡𝕦𝕤𝕤𝕪𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕤! 𝕜𝕚𝕝𝕝! 𝕜𝕚𝕝𝕝!

"SO, MYLES, YOU being a professional jazz man, you must be livin' your dream, right?" Fred asked as him, his niece, his son, Veronica, Hermione, Sierra and Josie at at the Prembroke.

"Well, yes and now. The real struggle is always ark versus commerce." Myles told him.

"You know, I've never really been about the big paycheck," Fred told him, "My sister on the other hand..."

"But if we're talking about the future and long-term security, it can't always be about following your bliss." Mayor McCoy said.

"Personally, I'm just excited to see my daughter perform with the Pussycats at the Variety Show." Hermione said with a smile.

"Oh yeah. "Josie said.

"I beg your pardon?" Myles questioned. "When were you going to tell me about this?"

"It just happened, Dad, and she's...She's really, really, good." Josie told her father. "And Val quit. Or should I say we were Yoko Ono'd."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"That's unfortunate. She was the real deal." Myles said. "Gave your act some much-needed integrity. Bryce, how come you're not participating in the Variety Show? Last I was here, you would always be singing something."

"It's not really my thing anymore, Mr. McCoy."

"Well, you would've had a profession in singing if it was.

"Well, I figured as long as the kids were havin' fun, that's the point, right?" Fred asked, noticing that his niece didn't want the spot light on her any longer than it needed to be.

"Except it's more than just about being fun for us." Myles looked at his daughter, "Isn't it Josephine?"

"Josephine?" Archie asked, "I didn't know that was your real name."

"After Josephine Baker." Myles cut in once more, "You have no idea who that is, do you?"

"Fred?" Hermione looked at him, "You wanna get started on that presentation?"

"Yeah."

🔆🔆🔆

"POLLY NEEDED TO hear the truth." Betty said as Alice and Hal made their twins going into their daughters bedroom. Betty sat on her bed while Beau leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. "And I did too."

"So? Did you find what you were looking for?" Hal asked, "What about you, Beau?"

"Don't bring me into this." The tall boy mumbled.

"To be honest, Dad, no, I didn't." Betty said, "You hate the Blossoms. You hated Jason, and now Polly is pregnant with his baby. That gives you a motive."

"A motive? A motive for what?"

"The night of the drive-in, did you break into Sheriff Keller's house and steal his case files?" Betty asked, Beau raising an eyebrow at his twin's question.

"What?"

"You weren't at the drive-in." Beau spoke, "She thinks that you did it."

"You weren't with Mom when she put Ms. Grundy on trial. Where were you?"

"Betty, what do you think I did?" Hal asked.

"Did you kill Jason Blossom?"

Alice let out a sob before she started to laugh, making the twins share a look before turning to their Mom, "Him? You think he killed Jason? Your father? You think that he has the stomach for that?"