05.|| 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕡𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨

ITS BEEN A WEEK since the discovery of Jason Blossoms body. But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer. The Twilight Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we need a place to escape to the most.

With Sheriff Keller, knocking on ever door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the Witch trials. And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

And her twin brother, Beau Cooper, was across the hallway, having his own kind of Romance.

"Dear Diary," Betty wrote, "Sheriff Keller doesn't know what I know, that Riverdale High's music teacher, Geraldine Grundy, was at Sweetwater River the morning Jason Blossom went missing and they since Archie was also there, they could have been together.

🔆🔆🔆

"HOW LONG DO you have before you need to be back at your Uncles?" Beau mumbled, pecking the blonde girls lips.

"Hmm, currently they're watching Grundy do something so I say hour and a half." Bryce tells his before grabbing his face and rolling them over as she smashed her lips back against hers.

🔆🔆🔆

BRYCE, BEAU, BETTY, Jughead, Veronica and Kevin day in a both at Pops drinking their milkshakes. Betty starred into space as the others sat and listened to Jughead rant on about the closing of the Drive-in, a place that held so many memories to everyone in the town of Riverdale.

"As The Godfather of Indie Cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say-,"

"Please, god, no more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin says, cutting the ranting boy off.

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to say it." Jughead said.

"In this age, of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car?" Veronica asked, "I mean, who even goes there?"

"People who want to buy crack." Kevin answered.

Beau shrugged, "Bryce and I love the Drive-In."

"And Cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?"

Betty looked up, "Totally."

Bryce snorted, "You weren't even paying attention."

"Anyway. It's closing because the town owns it but didn't invest any n it so when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer she couldn't refuse...."

"Anonymous buyer?" Veronica asked, "What do they have to hide? No one cares."

"Jughead does."

"Thank you!" Jughead pointed at Beau, "Also you guys should all come to opening night. I'm thinking American Graffiti. Or is that too obvious?"

"I vote for anything  starring Audrey Hepburn." Veronica says, "Or Cate Blanchett."

"Or the talented Mr. Ripley. Betty your choices." Kevin turns the the other blonde at the table.

"Everything okay, B?" Bryce asked.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking. Umm...Maybe 'Rebel Without A Cause'."

Jughead looked at her and smiled.

"Here you go, kids." Hermione walked o sat and put their food in the table.