Chapter Two: The expected...unexpected

Susanna left the theatre almost running. A wave of desperation and embarrassment were washing over her. She wanted Terry so much; she had convinced her mind that she could make him hers, even though he was always acting indifferent and sometimes snappy towards her. For her, to make Terry love her, was the first thought in her mind when she opened her eyes in the morning and the last thought to fill her heart the moment she was falling into sleep. 

Her eyes blurred with warm tears right there as she stood on the pavement. She stepped to cross the street and heard loud voices. She turned her head instinctively on her left; a car was coming with speed towards her, the driver pressed the horn in panic. She froze to her spot, like a rabbit in front of the headlights and left a terrified scream. Suddenly felt someone to grab her from the arm throwing her with force, back on the pavement. She was pale like a ghost, as she turned to look at the man that saved her.

- You better watch where you're going lady. The man said sternly as he was getting up, dusting his clothes off from their fall. You may not have noticed it, but there are automobiles on the roads for some time now. He continued and gave her his hand to help her stand up.

She still looked dazed from the incident. She managed to stand up and looked at the man's eyes.

- Thank you sir for your help...I'll be more careful next time. She apologised.

- You do that... He said back to her. Now, if you'd excuse me... I'm on my way home... so goodnight young lady. He said and left her standing there on the pavement with her eyes still wide open.

- Goodnight... She whispered with an absentminded voice.

********************

Klotho stopped weaving. She turned and looked scornfully at her youngest sister holding the scissors.

- I said to help her!! Not kill her!!! She shouted to Aisa.

- Isn't it the same thing? She shrugged her shoulders having a vague look in her eyes.

- No damn it, it is not.Her life thread is still long, you can't just throw her under a car! Klotho protested.

Lakhesis left a chuckle. 

Maybe she should side with Aisa and get rid of the stupid actress once and for all.

She thought and smiled as she entertained in her mind ways of taking Susanna out of the picture, leaving her Terry with his love alone for good. 

Klotho looked at both of them and moved her head in despair. Her sisters were incorrigible.

- If you don't do as I say, I'll just leave them be.... She threatened them and looked ready to throw Terry's and Susanna's threads on the floor.

The faces of her sisters turned all serious and looked down at the threads they were holding. They didn't say a word. Klotho stared at them satisfied that her threat had hit the right spot.

- Now....back with the plan.... She said slowly and started weaving their threads fast.

********************

Susanna walked slowly towards her flat, feeling still numb from her close encounter with that car, thinking that she escaped serious injury or even death at a split of a second. Luck was on her side she thought and smiled faintly. She reached the pavement outside her flat, took one more step and felt stepping onto something soft and moist. Her eyes turned down and she grimaced, looking disgusted. Her shoe was sitting on top of a large dog poo.

- Ohhhhh!!! Damn!! She shouted. My new shoes! She continued, and looked at her soiled right shoe. Who takes their dog for a walk at that time of the night? She wondered loudly and tried to scrape on the stairs whatever was beneath her shoe sole. She left a disgusted grunt, walked up the stairs stumping her feet, feeling frustrated.