The Gaming Guild

One by one the members popped into the chatroom, ready for another long gaming session.

"Before we all get started, we've got a little business to attend to." Tanner really didn't want to be the group leader, but since no one else would do it, he stepped.

"As some of you know, I received a cease-and-desist letter regarding our group name," he started.

"Are you kidding?" Gavin asked plaintively.

"Yeah, it turns out that the Author Who Must Not Be Named did not like us calling ourselves 'The Order of the Phoenix'," Tanner explained.

"I can't believe she'd get in a twist about that," Gavin said.

"Well, I think it was when we set up the GoFundMe page to pay for our gaming subscriptions and for the in-game booster packs, that was the tipping point."

"That's ridiculous!" Gavin never liked the name, but hated that some entitled, wealthy author would block them from using it.

"There's no sense in arguing, we just got to change the name." Tanner was anxious to play. He already had the guild's settings screen open, ready to change the name. He was waiting on someone to pipe in with a new name.

"How about 'The First Order'?" Jeff wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

"Shut up, Jeff," Gavin barked.

"It's ok, Gavin," Tanner said. "Jeff, I think we might run into the same problem we have with our current name if we used that."

"Oh," Jeff said. "It's still cool though."

"Anyone else have any suggestions?" Tanner was getting annoyed, hoping for any old name at this point, so long as they could get playing.

"Order of the Garter?" Killaz181 rarely spoke to the group. He just silently did his part to help advance the group.

"I'm not even sure what that means," Gavin said.

"Umm, well..." Harry tried his best to hide his accent, but all of the other guys knew he was British. "I think the Queen might take issue with that. It's a Royal Order in the U.K."

"Damn," Killaz181 said. "I knew it seemed familiar." No one knew his real name. He wasn't about to tell them it was Stacy for fear if being made fun of.

"Someone just come up with something," Gavin complained. "My girlfriend is coming over in a couple of hours and I promised to take her out. She's sick of watching me play."

"You don't have a girlfriend," Tanner laughed. "You made that up."

"Shut it, dude. Just because the rest of you are losers..." Gavin was pretty sure none of the other players had any romantic prospects.

"The name, the name," Tanner said. "Let's stick to the name."

The group argued for the next hour about a suggestion with political overtones.

"We're way off point here, fellas," Tanner finally said. "It's just a name. Let's change it and get playing."

The muffled voice of Tanner's mother crackled into the room via Tanner's microphone. 

"Guys, I've got to go," he said. "I'm being ordered to find a job and move out of my parent's basement."